Scanner add town frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisann1969

I just got this Regency R1070 from a friend and they did not have the book on it. I was wondering how i put my town police and fire dept. frequency code into the scanner, I have all the codes and what not Could someone please help me. lisann1969@comcast.net I am in Bristol County, Mass.

lisann1969

I am new to this, who is the ICIS_Monitor and how do I email him? Thanks for your response.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Geez how hard can it be? It's a just a 10 channel conventional scanner!

Try this. Push the button labeled "manual" until you get to channel 1. If it has a program button on it, push it. If not, just keep going. Next, type in 154.28. Push enter. The display should read 154.2800. If so, congratulations you now know how to program your scanner, plus you just saved $6 plus shipping.

If it didn't work, try entering the frequency without the decimal (some old scanners think the . button means "oops I messed up, start over"). Failing that, grab the frequencies you want, find that really geeky neighbor kid who fixes everyone's computers and programs their VCR's, and pay him the 6 bucks to tell you how it's done and program it for you.

-AZ

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
icis_monitor is a user on these boards who lists that scanner in his sig.

Find a post by him, click on his name and use the "send a PM" or "send email" option.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
icis_monitor is a user on these boards who lists that scanner in his sig.

Find a post by him, click on his name and use the "send a PM" or "send email" option.

Oh trust me, she knows how to use PM. I got one from her that I have decided to ignore, since I'm apparently so rude anyhow. :roll:

Sigh. I DID tell her how to program the scanner. I guess no good deed goes unpunished these days.

-AZ

lisann1969

Well I did say thank you for your help,and by the way it did not work!

You may or may have not been rude but the way I read your email it came across as very rude for someone who has NEVER used this website before or used a scanner before. So the guy who posted before you, i believe his name was UPMAN. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INFORMATION... I do know how to do a PM...

Obviously you did not ignore my PM to you cause you responded to it.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.