Scanner Alpha Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachSmith

I'm wondering if any of the lower end scanners out there offer alpha tagging, as I'm not looking for all digital scanners, but just a stack to cover several counties, and I'd like each frequency to come in under a designated tag. I didn't know if this is possible with non digital scanners.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

jclarkr6

Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that the Uniden BC346XT has alpha-tagging. Information about the BC346XT can be found here: Uniden Bearcat BC346XT Police Scanner Radio

I think that the GRE PSR-300 also supports alpha-tagging. More information on the PSR-300 can be found here: PSR-300 - The RadioReference Wiki

The GRE PSR-400 supports alpha-tagging as well, more info can be found here PSR-400 - The RadioReference Wiki

There are also some Radioshack scanners that have alpha-tagging, such as the Pro-164 and Pro-97.

I am sure that I have overlooked a few of the analog scanners that have alpha-tagging, but hopefully this list gives you a place to start. Make sure to read thoroughly about a scanner's alpha-tagging abilities before you buy it because different scanners have different alpha tagging capabilities (some have 16 character alpha tags, others have 12 character alpha tags, etc.).

ken734a

If you don't need "new" scanners try looking for BC15 or a BC780 or what few Radio Shack models that offer Alph-Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.