scanner and radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bthomas611

Premium Subscriber
Hi
We wanted to get my Mother a scanner for Christmas to listen to Hamilton County mostly (police/fire). Radio Shack was zero help. What radio should I get (I just need the basics) and where do I get the codes for Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Nobelsville? I can't seem to find them on here in the format they need to be entered ###.###.
Thank You

nwiscan

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

PSR-500, PSR-800, will do the job as well

bthomas611

Premium Subscriber
I love my mom but she's not getting a $400 scanner to listen to the fire and police, I'll put her on a ride along if its that important to her. Any "reasonable" ones like $100???? Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.

T-Santon

You could always try looking for an old Radioshack Pro-96 on Ebay or somewhere else... It has it's limitations (especially on larger trunked systems), but it'll do the job.

Not sure how cheap you can find one for these days. Could be worth a shot, though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bthomas611

Premium Subscriber
I like the live feed, for free idea.....I'll get her a toaster to unwrap!!!! Thank you

pliquett

I listen to Hamilton Co. on their analog system. Safety only list talkgroups for sheriff, noblesville, and westfield. I don't listen to westfield but I hear Co. fire and law, fishers, carmel and noblesville just fine. HSE schools is still on analog. I have an old Radio Shack Pro-2055 that is already programmed for all of Hamilton Co. It's a little rough looking be runs great and sounds really good. I'll sell it to you ready to listen to with antenna, bracket and power supply for $120. Just send me a private message. Merry Christmas to all!!!

W9NES

I have a RS Pro-96 that I bought off of Craig's list for $200.00.I also have(3) Radio Shack Pro-2096's that I also bought from Craig's list.I bought all the above from the Central Indiana area. You can find some good deals on Craigs list if you know what you are looking for.

SCPD

QRT
Hamilton County is NOT digital yet they are still all on there Analog EDACS system I may let my uniden 780 go for $100 already set up on the EDACS system if you want to go over it just PM me thanks. Keep in mind older scanners that are cheap dont do the 800 reband and the Hamilton County system has rebanded

Highpockets

I have a RS Pro-96 that I bought off of Craig's list for $200.00.I also have(3) Radio Shack Pro-2096's that I also bought from Craig's list.I bought all the above from the Central Indiana area. You can find some good deals on Craigs list if you know what you are looking for.

You bought RS scanners? :confused:

rico47635

I like the live feed, for free idea.....I'll get her a toaster to unwrap!!!! Thank you

See how ya are? After she carried you for 9 months, went through all that pain bringing you into the world, changed your diapers, put up with your antics when you were young, etc., etc., all you are getting her is a cheap toaster! Git her that mac-daddy scanner and show her you really love her! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.