scanner antenna that looks like GM satellite radio antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

I saw one of these advertised somewhere, but I cant remember.

Seems like it would be an easy non-destructive mount for my GM company vehicle.

Does anyone know anything about these antennas? are they any good?

Seems to me it cost about $100 (pricey, but worth it if it works).

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

It won't be non-destructive if it uses a typical NMO hole mount :) I once saw a Chevy Suburban pulling into HRO in Phoenix with several aircraft-style blade antennas on it.

dizwiz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

It won't be non-destructive if it uses a typical NMO hole mount :) I once saw a Chevy Suburban pulling into HRO in Phoenix with several aircraft-style blade antennas on it.

It uses the same hole that the plastic satellite antenna (on new gm vehicles) utilizes

dizwiz

I want to clarify its the base of the antenna that looks like the shark fin of a gm sat radio antenna.

The front of it (If I remember right) has about a 13" antenna rises off of it.

Totally plug and play (no holes reqd to be drilled).

If it allows one to be able to still use sat. Radio and provide for a scanner antenna out of the same hole, it'd be a great setup.

KB7MIB

Ah, a drop-in replacement, then? That'd be cool. Does it have multiple coax leads to connect each antenna element to the proper radio?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Last edited:

N_ALSCAN

You might also consider the Sti-Co stealth antennas.

They produce many different styles of stealth mobile antennas, and advertise heavily to law enforcement un-marked units.

You can probably expect them to be very narrow banded, though. And, very little gain.

This is a close match to what you might be looking for.
Fender Mount and Roof Mount Antennas | Sti-Co

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.