Scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawkee1

Premium Subscriber
And nothing is inexpensive.

Finding the right equipment and having the budget for it is a challenge. As a hobby, you do the best you can with what your funds allow.

I absolutely agree. With that being said, it’s many conversations with people like yourself with expertise in this field, that helps listeners like myself, to eliminate costly trial and error equipment purchases, to buy the right equipment and not waste our money on substandard junk. Pointing us in the right direction and offering great advice is what makes this hobby a great family of radio enthusiast! There is always someone willing to offer friendly advice to help us to upgrade our listening stations.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
There is always someone willing to offer friendly advice to help us to upgrade our listening stations.

Sometimes it's because we went through the trouble of making the mistake for you.

I got my start with an old CB radio, a shortwave radio my grandfather gave me, and a scanner. I had some truly awful antennas early on, but I made do.

Problem is, now I have the money, I don't have time. I've got a lot of cool toys tools at work to play with. I suspect when I retire, I'll get more involved in the hobby again. Right now, it's sort of limited by time.

Rawkee1

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes it's because we went through the trouble of making the mistake for you.

I got my start with an old CB radio, a shortwave radio my grandfather gave me, and a scanner. I had some truly awful antennas early on, but I made do.

Problem is, now I have the money, I don't have time. I've got a lot of cool toys tools at work to play with. I suspect when I retire, I'll get more involved in the hobby again. Right now, it's sort of limited by time.

i hear you there. My Comstat 23 with channels 22A and 22B. My Astro plane antenna and many QSL cards from talking skip. Oh ya, I forgot To mention my Turner Plus 2 Mike graduating to the D-104. I’m retired now and just trying to upgrade my system and keep enjoying the fun of monitoring. 73’s for now and thanks. I’m still on the fence about a new antenna but I’ll get there!

RFI-EMI-GUY

i hear you there. My Comstat 23 with channels 22A and 22B. My Astro plane antenna and many QSL cards from talking skip. Oh ya, I forgot To mention my Turner Plus 2 Mike graduating to the D-104. I’m retired now and just trying to upgrade my system and keep enjoying the fun of monitoring. 73’s for now and thanks. I’m still on the fence about a new antenna but I’ll get there!
I had one of those Comstat 23 with channels 22A and 22B and a ground plane and it talked forever.

Rawkee1

Premium Subscriber
The size doesn't matter to me. I want the best performance. I have all the room in the world. It will be on a mast up about 30-40' I really don't want to get into signal amps if I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.