scanner app Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

With RR providing online Feeds would it be nice if there was a app that you could load what you wanted to through the data base sort of a phone scanner combo

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I agree. There is already a scanner app called 5-0 Radio and there is the pro version which is called 5-0 Radio Pro which is what I have because of the additional radio music is has to offer as well. The app has alot of police frequencies from the states and countries as well.

W2PMX

I think what you're talking about is an app that lets you scan using your cellphone. There's one problem - the cellphone doesn't have the hardware to receive anything but the 1.9GHz band, and a) all that's on that band is cellphones, b) it's illegal to monitor them and c) the signals are sort of encrypted. A cellphone with hardware to receive VHF, UHF and 800 would be as large as a scanner and would cost as much as a scanner (plus another few hundred if you weren't buying or extending a plan at the same time). You wouldn't need an app to scan in that case - the hardware would be doing it, the same as current scanners do.

It's like asking for an "app" in a car to allow it to fly - without adding wings (and a lot of other "hardware").

Status
Not open for further replies.