Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Recently there was a post titled "Wireless Internet Radio for scanning", at this link:

http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/165110-wireless-internet-radio-scanning.html

It contains some interesting information regarding the use of Internet radio devices, to monitor live streaming audio from scanner radios across the U.S. There seems to be a lot of interest in this technology as the thread has had 3,779 views, and over 100 post (last time I checked).

The thread derailed from the technical aspects, and benefits, to a dispute as to how much interest there really was and if it would be a worthwhile and profitable venture. Some feel the interest is small, due to the number of people in the thread that claim to have tried this, and posted their results.

This is a poll to find out how many of us are actually interested, and would like to see Radio Reference move in this direction. The poll will not show who you are, or how you voted, so you should not have any concerns.

Thank you.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It works well, I've tried it on the Grace GDI-IR2000 (via Reciva) and The Logitec Sqeezebox, the current radio of choice.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have been enjoying my Sangean WFR-20 for over a year now. Internet Radios is all the rage and the ultimate consumer receiver IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.