Scanner available - Home Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

jasonk said:
Take a look at the first message in this topic. I have a link for a coverage map ..... Looks like we have about 60-70% of ohio covered ......

Thanks

Jason

Yeah, I though about it shortly after posting the comment...
Was easy to find, Thanks.

Also, This weekend i am going to be returning Columbiana County and going to add Mahoning County SO, as well.

Want to do a Left channel,Right channel deal, using Mic input and line in input.
as far as i know i should work.

Any thing i need to know or do when setting this up?

digitalanalog

Also, i have been scanning Ashtabula County since last night and have not herd a drop,i am more then likely to far away.

Wish i could help,thought i would be able to.

Going to try a couple other counties on the Need list and maybe get lucky with one of those.

The more on-line there is the better,Plus i just got another computer so adding more streaming content will not be any problem.

Will keep you posted.

digitalanalog

hoser147 said:
Digitalanalog, That sounds great, the only other thing you will need it the download from Jason. Just an FYI he is tied up untill 2200hrs. Hoser

Thanks.

Still got the original e-mail from streaming originally, and tested it and it is working again,but it's not showing up on site.

So i may need to just provide him with the info.

I could do both now, but somewhere in this office/wreck, i lost my other 1/8 cable so i will pick one up tomorrow if i can't locate it this evening.

hoser147

I dont know if you will be able to do much tonite there is a server problem and where not getting our read out of incidents and the site has been up and down a couple of times today, Gordon is working on it at this time, from what I understand...............Hoser

Michelle0H

We are currently looking for a home in Ross County (Chillicothe). If you are still in need of a Ross County scanner once we get moved, I'd be happy to supply the internet connection if someone can walk me through set-up.

Michelle0H

Alright, I'll be in touch once we have moved. Hopefully it won't take all summer...the 80 mile drive each way is getting old for my other half. ;)

hoser147

Michelle0H said:
Alright, I'll be in touch once we have moved. Hopefully it won't take all summer...the 80 mile drive each way is getting old for my other half. ;)

Ya Ill bet thats a pretty good ride to and from, makes for a long day. Just give us a holler.....Thanks Hoser

medic611

The problem here with hocking county is you would need someone living ontop of a good hill, or inside of logan to provide complete coverage, take into consideration the high speed is only available in 2-3 locations inside of this county. Having seperate towers, with vast amounts of terrain we experience alot of broken communications. My only benefit is to give you communications for western hocking / ross / pickaway county coverage. Keep in mind i work 24/48 schedule full time , own a heating/cooling business , and still work part time for a dept in fairfield county. If you can find someone in or near logan i think with 2 scannners u could provide good coverage.

hoser147

Medic611, It would not really effect your schedule at all and 1/2 is better than none at all. Ive been to that area several times and I know what you are talking about as far as the area being tough to cover. I was just thinking about something else is the Goodyear plant there still up and running? If you could help with W. Hocking/Ross/Pickaway that would be great. We have other feeds that overlap and it seems to work out well.........Hoser

SCPD

QRT
How much Internet bandwidth does this need? I have a cellular data card running in Ashtabula County and a a dedicated home server. Ashtabula sheriff is soon to go to MARCS. I run a BC296D so I will be able to follow them. The MARCS tower for the area is very close to me (I live in Cherry Valley).

The problem with my data card is that it can only strongly receive 1X signals. The EVDO is still too weak to be useful, but it is an always on connection through a Kyocera router. There are no other choices for me, no cable, no DSL and the Direcway/ Hughes network I used to pay for was horrid.

Tom.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
How much Internet bandwidth does this need? I have a cellular data card running in Ashtabula County and a a dedicated home server. Ashtabula sheriff is soon to go to MARCS. I run a BC296D so I will be able to follow them. The MARCS tower for the area is very close to me (I live in Cherry Valley).

The problem with my data card is that it can only strongly receive 1X signals. The EVDO is still too weak to be useful, but it is an always on connection through a Kyocera router. There are no other choices for me, no cable, no DSL and the Direcway/ Hughes network I used to pay for was horrid.

Tom.

It's going to take around 16 kbit upload I believe, no more than 32 kbit upload. Even a regular dialup modem delivers 2-4 x that. So you should be just fine. I'm sure quite a few people would be appreciative if you are able to put something up.

Mike

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
You can email Gordon at gordon@scangwinnett.com. He will email you the setup instructions.

What part of Cuyahoga County are you in?

Currently, the scanamerica website does pretty well on the east side of cleveland. If you are on the west side, that would be great.

Thanks!

Josh - Cincinnati Feeds Host

muskrat99

well, it's a year late but I live in adams co, have highspeed internet but I'm new to this hobby

JB21386

And you wonder why The police are starting to go encrytied... dont you people think....not only will this be broadcasted to US but to the WORLD..If you really wanted to preserve your hobbie dont put it on ground were someone in power will find favor to take it away...I am from Toledo,Ohio and now live in south florida,WERE isnt much to scan now Because of this put it on the internet plus digital thing... As of this date there are a total of 20 agencies that are encrypited and 10 more that are going that way....USE YOUR HEAD...if you people keep it up then will not be anything left.....

People like you are what ruin hobbies. Things change, as does technology. Get over it.

Please, stay in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.