Scanner Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarretGarret

I just hooked my scanner up to my computer to provide a feed and I'm not hearing any audio at all.

Just one loud buzz that overtakes everything. Do I need an audio ground loop isolator?

Or is it something else?

NYRHKY94

Garret:

How do you have the scaner connected to the PC? Is it to the on-board sound of the PC or a separate sound card? Also, are you running the audio cable into Mic-In or Line-In? If it's Mic-In, make sure to turn the Mic Boost "off" in sound properties (Control Panel).

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
WOAH! Before we go asking questions of the questioner based on assumptions let's ask THE question. What output on the scanner do you have connected to what input on the computer? Give us some information to go on please.

slicerwizard

WOAH! Before we go asking questions of the questioner based on assumptions let's ask THE question. What output on the scanner do you have connected to what input on the computer? Give us some information to go on please.
No, THE question is what scanner model is he using?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Garret:

How do you have the scaner connected to the PC? Is it to the on-board sound of the PC or a separate sound card? Also, are you running the audio cable into Mic-In or Line-In? If it's Mic-In, make sure to turn the Mic Boost "off" in sound properties (Control Panel).

In addition, do you have the audio cable connected to the Record Jack, External Speaker Jack or Headphone Jack? While not all scanners have all these jacks, they are wired differently and present a different audio quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.