scanner cast problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete133

Feed Provider
i cant get scanner cast to work , i have an xp machine , i download the program unzip it to the c drive , every time i run it i get the program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

anyone have any suggestions?

pete

richtidd

Database Admin
i cant get scanner cast to work , i have an xp machine , i download the program unzip it to the c drive , every time i run it i get the program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

anyone have any suggestions?

pete

You have two feeds.

You can run several instances of ScannerCast & you will need a sound card for each feed.

Just give each copy of ScannerCast a different name & place each in different folders.

Each ScannerCast points to a specific sound card.

PeterGV

K1PGV
We can help you a lot more if you post all the details of what ScannerCast says when it fails.

Gordon is right, of course. The first step is to ensure that the .Net Framework V2.0 is installed. This is a prerequisite to running ScannerCast.

Peter
K1PGV

WFRD

I am having the same problem, .NET framework is installed on my computer, i have tried installing this software on 3 machines now and it fails to launch on all of them bringing up the crash window on xp. (window with the option to send report to microsoft)

PeterGV

K1PGV
We want to help you, and we probably CAN help you, get ScannerCast running. It's running on hundreds of machines. I've, personally, never seen a Windows systems (from Win2K and later) that it doesn't run on.

The problem is that saying "it doesn't work" really doesn't give us any clues that might help us to help you solve the problem. Just saying "it fails to launch" is a bit like posting a question that reads "Please help me, my car doesn't work" -- WHAT doesn't work? Will it start? Will it run for a while? Is the battery charged? Does the engine turn-over? Is it getting gas? Is it getting spark?

It's the same with ScannerCast: What EXACTLY happens and when? What are the symptoms. What type of scanner? What type of sound card? What do the messages say? What does it say in the DETAILS tab of the messages that are displayed?

Also, in this case, immediately after the problem -- and before starting ScannerCast again -- there should be a file named scannercast_ERROR.log created in the same directory as ScannerCast.exe -- If that's the case, please post the complete contents of this file.

Also, knowing which version of ScannerCast you're having a problem with would be very useful. On the folder into which you've installed ScannerCast, right-click on ScannerCast.exe and select "Properties", and tell us the Product Version that's displayed on the "Details" tab.

Peter
K1PGV

microwave

Will a newer version of .NET work?

I am using .NET 4.0 and I'm getting and error that says ' Unable to find the version of the runtime to run this application' Could this be the issue?

deevon911

I'm having an issue with Scannercast also. When I hit start broadcast, it is telling me "there are no feeds assosiated with the user name deevon911" It was just working 5 mins before, but I had to restart my computer. Anyone else have an issue with this before?

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I'm having an issue with Scannercast also. When I hit start broadcast, it is telling me "there are no feeds assosiated with the user name deevon911" It was just working 5 mins before, but I had to restart my computer. Anyone else have an issue with this before?

I sent you several e-mails but they all bounced.

Please reply to me at this e-mail address with your working e-mail address:
richtidd@broadcastify.com

joefilet

Feed Provider
does any 1 know if scanner cast feed software is compatible
with windows-10 was going to upgrade my windows 7 machine to windows-10 but was wondering if my feed will work after UPGRADING THE FEED COMPUTER... THANK YOU.. JOE

SCPD

QRT
scanner cast

Yes it will i just upgraded yesterday to windows 10. I use radio feed to broadcast my feed and it still work's so if radio feed work's i don't see why scanner cast wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.