Scanner Cast Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Here what I've got:

I am attempting to implement a new feed with an existing one.

I have each feed under its own ini file and loading from that file.

The problem I'm having is that either SC is having a problem with interfacing with with my audio drivers or there is some sort of compatibility problem.

What happens is that SC is only seeing for the Audio Sources is SB Live! Audio , and Primary Sound Capture Driver. No Option to select Line In, or Microphone.

I am running Windows Server 2003.

Is this how it is supposed to be, or something else?

Note SC Picks up audio fine.....Just unable to separate the sources, they blend in together.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
ScannerCast should see all the same sources that you would normally see under Windows Record Properties. The only difference I've found is that SC adds a sequential number to the inputs, sometimes replacing any numbers that Windows may have put there.

PeterGV

K1PGV
We've discussed this here quite a few times before.

The problem is that the audio device isn't making the separate inputs available to Windows, and Windows isn't making the separate inputs available to ScannerCast.

SOME sound cards *do* make the inputs directly selectable to Windows, others don't.

Annoying, huh??

There's usually some setting in Device Manager or Audio Properties that'll allow you to select either Line In or Mic In. The problem we often see with THIS, however, is that the system won't remember the settings across reboots.

Hope that helps,

Peter
K1PGV

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
We've discussed this here quite a few times before.

The problem is that the audio device isn't making the separate inputs available to Windows, and Windows isn't making the separate inputs available to ScannerCast.

SOME sound cards *do* make the inputs directly selectable to Windows, others don't.

Annoying, huh??

There's usually some setting in Device Manager or Audio Properties that'll allow you to select either Line In or Mic In. The problem we often see with THIS, however, is that the system won't remember the settings across reboots.

Hope that helps,

Peter
K1PGV

Peter, I am glad you responded, and yes quite annoying. Thanks for your insight :).

I think I may have sound card I'm not using and try to see if its any different. I wonder if one of those cheapo USB sound cards would make a difference?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I think I may have sound card I'm not using and try to see if its any different. I wonder if one of those cheapo USB sound cards would make a difference?
I am running several computers with several each of those $1 USB sound cards and have nothing bad to say about them.

As a matter of fact, I have a computer here with 4 PCI sound cards in it, and I've added 4 $1 USB sound cards too; and none of the PCI sound cards provide as clean of sound as the USB cards. I did have 3 or 4 bad cards out of the 20 I bought, but the price was still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.