Scanner club in Richmond Metro area

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Please excuse me for any mistakes I have made using this forum as I am new to this website. I am just wondering if anyone in the Richmond metro area has ever tried to form a scanner/hobbyist club? If anyone is interested in doing so please reply.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
The Central Virginia Radio Enthusiasts meet quarterly at the LaPrade library in Chesterfield.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Box Alarm For the information about the club in Chesterfield County.Can anybody post some information dates and times of any upcoming meetings I hope hobbyist In Chesterfield and City of Richmond realize this encrpytion issue is going to affect their ability to monitor their local law enforcement agencies.I just can not understand why these agencies want to encrypt routine dispatch channel.I know their operations such as Vice Surveillance and Narcotics that need and should be encrypted but not routine dispatch channels.Most law enforcement officers I have spoken with have told they have no problem with public monitoring routine dispatch. Like someone said in another post it is those sitting behind a desk that are making this decision not the rank and file officers who are patrolling our streets and neighborhoods. I want to thank these officers for the find job they do serving and protecting we the law abiding citizens who monitor your agencies. We will always try and assist safely and without interfering with your job. We have your back if you need us. Thanks for a job well done.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
CVRE doesn't advertise, but feel free to PM me and I'll get you contact info. Next meeting is probably October.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
N4jri I as unable to retrieve the PM you sent to me Please send it again.I am still trying to learn how to use this valuable website that we all love to use.Thanks again to all our public safety officials for everything you do for us.I know you do your jobs not for the money because in my opinion you are all grossly underpaid and you do not do your jobs just for the money you are paid .To Box Alarm thank you for letting me know that this is Capital Improvement Money that they are spending rather than our tax payer dollars.Where does Capital Improvement Money come from.I think I already know but I would like for you or anyone else in the know please let all the rest of us.I think I know the answer.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Thank you n4jri .I am still waiting for someone to enlighten the taxpayers exactlly where this money comes from or how is this money generated.I would also like a top county provide this imformation.They should tell us where this money comes if they do not maybe one or all three TV stations in central Va will send a reporter and cameraman to seek out the answers.I know right they are busy covering the McDonnel trial.But this encrpytion issue ought to be a major concern to them as it is to all of us hobbyist Thanks again for this great forum to express our views and opinions on.

Status
Not open for further replies.