scanner club meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
I have notice that there is a lot of new members now and most of us have not meet face to face.
we used to have a scanner club in the state and used to go out and have some meetings.
I would be open to pay some small dues to help maintain a meeting place.
I was wondering if there was any interest in starting an official group. or even a place to have a cheap lunch. some where. now that the winter season is finally winding down. I am home 24 7 now looking for thing to due. That will not take much effort as I have limited walking ability . we could talk about uniny trunker or other things

bbrasmussen

I'd love to see something like that. Some of us tried two years ago and had little to no interest. Last winter/spring there was again no interest. This year I'm trying to set up a slightly broader group:UtahAviation group that not only will talk about radio topics like SDR and ADS-B, but will talk about photography and aviation in general in hopes of generating more interest.

I'm not sure why people here in Utah are not interested. Are they too busy? Do they prefer to listen in the shadows and not socialize? Your guess is as good as mine. Other areas have quite robust groups with lots of interaction both in person and online(like Scan NE). I'd love to see something gain traction here. We have good resources already-the forums here, a Yahoo group/mailing list, and the UtahRadio wiki. So if you get something going, count me in.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
scanner club

in order for this to work we need a lot more members to join how ever I am open to see what happens with your club. I would join the Utah aviation club how ever where due u sign up at

Status
Not open for further replies.