Scanner Clubs in Your Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a listing of scanning/receiver clubs by state with contact information provided (e.g. E-mail address, web-address, etc.). Is this something that would fit within the scope and guidelines of RR.com ?? I hope so. Reading about the hobby by reading posts, etc. and obtaining frequencies and all is great. I'm hoping that there are those out there that would be interested in seeing some of the radios that others have, hear about and maybe see some of the radios, radio modifications (legal ones only), reception accessories, antennas, amplifiers, batteries, cables (coax, audio, power, etc.) and/or hearing what certain radio signals sound like can be very valuable to almost any hobby enthusiast. Is such a "section" within this site appropriate and possible, etc.? I for one would love to find out if there is a club nearby to where I live and work.

Ken

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Ken, you've got a good idea there.

As far as I know, down here in central Florida, there's no scanner/swl clubs. There's more than likely a ham club or two. Me thinks that a club would be of interest to many, and like you posted, with jpgs, mods, etc. (also helping those locals who are having problems programming their scanners'.) Let's see how many show an interest in your idea; Hopefully, many.

CrabbyMilton

Not that I am aware of in SE WI. and thanks to sites like this, there is really no need for it. Then again, if you really want to belong to some club, you can always start your own even if you're the sole member.

MFD4305

Carma

The premier scanner/scannist organization for anyone near Chicagoland is the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association - CARMA. Go to the CARMA site at this link: Home Page

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The collaboration page has links to a pretty inactive Yahoo group for the San Diego area, but Socalscan is VERY active - and there appears to be a milcom cousin to that group which is similarly active

best regards..Mike

freqs

Its true I dont know of any in my area of Northern Metro Detroit .Plus not many Radio Shops around Detroit only 3 palces that sell Scanner's and they just have a few radio's .They deal in car audio or just Electronics

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.