scanner codes meanings?? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babygirlpink

Hello,I listen to a scanner in my local area Pinellas county. I hear a lot of codes and signals I can not find the meaning for.. Please don't ban be I just do not know where to look..if anyone can help me out I would really love that.
Thank you so much
Marine brat aka Chasity

Ex: 0048, 5251,2023.. Etc

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference. You should not be banned for asking a question. It's why the forum is here, as none of us are omniscient. Using the search feature is key though to helping yourself, as someone has probably already had the question and an answer.

Are you looking for something like this? http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/sen_cpcm/cpc_manual.pdf
Often a state penal code statute is referenced over the radio, but on that document I saw codes as well. That document may, or may not apply to the codes you're hearing. I am not familiar with Florida, but match up the codes you hear and see if that seems to fit.

Anyways, to find that document I typed "Penal code Florida" via Google. The link ka3jjz provided is specific to your state, as well, and should be helpful.

Have fun and enjoy your stay here.

scotttrish

10 codes

Hello,I listen to a scanner in my local area Pinellas county. I hear a lot of codes and signals I can not find the meaning for.. Please don't ban be I just do not know where to look..if anyone can help me out I would really love that.
Thank you so much
Marine brat aka Chasity

10-4 ok 10-99 wants and warrants go to 10 codes on yahoo search engine im a radio tech let me know if you need radio or scanner help. cbman417@yahoo.com

N8IAA

Thank you so much
Marine brat aka Chasity

Welcome Chasity. Those examples look like TGID's (Talk Group ID's). You don't mention whether or not it is the analog or digital system that you are monitoring. That would give us a better idea:) But, Mike's suggestion of asking in the Florida state forum would yield better info for you.
HTH,
Larry

babygirlpink

Oh i'm sorry.. I'm listening to the Android app scanner made from this website,
Its not like you guys have its just a really good app for listening to police
Scanners..
Thank you

babygirlpink

1exp: would be something like 10-15... Etc etc and dispatcher
Would reply sometimes with a 005.. 5053 etc.. Does this help
The link is great but I just do not know what forum to
Read.. I'm in pinelass county so i'm listening to the
sheriffs dept.

babygirlpink

Thank you.. I use the Android scanner nothing really fancy I was really meaning the 10 codes and just the dispatcher signals. ex: 10–15 and then maybe the dispatcher will say 005..,2052..etc.. The officers do this to.. I will keep looking though but again thank you all very much..
Chasity

wb0wao

I think you are hearing two different things -- normally 10 codes, i.e. 10-15, can vary depending on the agency. Here in Cape Girardeau, 10-15 means "person in custody". But they can mean different things in different areas. Locally the city PD uses some 10 codes that mean different things than the county sheriff's office uses. There is no one set of 10 codes that are in use everywhere.

The other numbers you are hearing may be either the officer's or car radio numbers. These will also vary by department.

lynxrufus

Thank you.. I use the Android scanner nothing really fancy I was really meaning the 10 codes and just the dispatcher signals. ex: 10–15 and then maybe the dispatcher will say 005..,2052..etc.. The officers do this to.. I will keep looking though but again thank you all very much..
Chasity

Something like '2053' could simply be the time- 8:53pm.

Years ago I compiled a list of '10' codes from various sources-> on the following page.

Fire Departments, Radio Scanning Frequencies, Fires and Firefighting

All possible disclaimers apply. As others have said, codes are by no means standard. I've even heard different dispatchers in the same agency use the same code in different ways. But, actually, some '10' codes are half-way standard, sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.