Scanner connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0aat

I have attempted too connect several times to provide a feed.

after i start broadcasting.....it says i am online. it intermittently sais Connection "ok" then it goes "not communicating with scanner" when i try to listen to the feed on rr all i hear is static. but at home i hear the scanner as it always operates.

using the 996xt...and it is connected to the computer with the cord going from the front of scanner to a usb on the computer.

what am i doing wrong?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
All you mention is the data connection (which is only necessary if you are feeding tags). So when your audio cable is connected from your scanner to your feed computer, how are you hearing it at home - through the computer speakers?

What says "not communicating with scanner" - the feed client software?

Last edited:

ak4fn

If you do have an audio cable hooked from the scanner REC to the computer soundcard input, make sure you have the system marked to record.

Also depending on what software you are using make sure to select the correct input (mic or line-in)

kd0aat

I do not have a separate audio cable connected, I am only using the data cable for the connection. A data cable is only required when using a 996xt right? I also listen to my scanner through its own speaker. The feed client software says: or in other words bounces back and forth from (OK) to (not communicating with scanner)?
I am using scanner cast software. The input is set to mic. Also, when I monitor this from my own android phone to check the audio quality etc, the audio is very low and the built in mic is picking up background noise from my home. I have to be overlooking something because this should sound excellent when being streamed. My stream sounds terrible! All help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

kd0aat

Does anyone know where I can find some pictures on the internet so i can see exactly how the uniden 996xt scanner is hooked up when being used to stream onto radio reference? Exactly what hardware is being used on this type of scanner????

kd0aat

I have read this over and over and i am just not understanding something. I appreciate your reply. I think I need to see some pictures of this scanner hooked up to a laptop computer. then maybe it will make sense, hopefully.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
The only thing you need to do is run an audio cable from your Speaker Out on the scanner to your Line In on the computer (or Mic In if Line In is unavailable). That is why you are getting no audio on your feed - no audio path from the scanner to the PC. The USB cable is for control and data streaming, not audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.