Scanner Cutting on and out Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladydebster

Lady Debster
Hello All! I am rather new to all this. I have a Uniden BCD996P2 and I was able to program it to scan in my area. However, when it finds something the sound cuts in and out and I am unable to follow the conversation. Is there a setting I am missing? I am using the Freescan software to program the scanner.

Any assistance would be awesome, as I hear bits and pieces...…. and would like to here the conversation going on.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In addition to Priority or Weather alert modes that doctordialtone mentioned, CloseCall is another mode that will periodically interrupt your udio. Make sure that is not activated as well.

ladydebster

Lady Debster
Thank you! I had a lot of PRI set and yes the WX was set to PRI. Seems to be a lot better! As, I can actually understand what is being said. You all are awesome! Thanks for helping a rookie!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I had a lot of PRI set and yes the WX was set to PRI. Seems to be a lot better! As, I can actually understand what is being said. You all are awesome! Thanks for helping a rookie!
Note that, if you do want to use Priority, you can modify how often the scanner checks for activity. Instead of every two seconds, you can stretch that to every 4, 5, or more seconds. Also, the length of the interruption is driven by how many channels you have tagged as Priority. Fewer channels mean a shorter interruption.

ladydebster

Lady Debster
It turned out I had them all as priority somehow...… hahaha its fixed now. I still have a couple of garbled transmissions but overall I can hear most all

Status
Not open for further replies.