Scanner dealer in the south jersey area

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursepen

I was wondering if any one knows of any scanner dealers in the south jersey area, I already know about white dott I was just wondering if there was some one else in the south jersey area?

Gilly1980

All the Radio Shack stores I've been to carry digital scanners, NASCAR scanners and some accessories such as antennas. The employees, on the other hand, are hit and miss when it comes to knowledge of the scanners they sell.

wnjl

If you're willing to drive an hour, Ham Radio Outlet is just across the Delaware Memorial Bridge in New Castle DE and they carry a lot of new scanners. No tax of course too.

w2xq

Mentor
If you want a local scanner dealer face to face, you already know about White Dotte at the junction of US 206 and NJ 38 in Southampton Twp (08088). If you want a local scanner-knowledgeable dealer of Radio Shack scanners then there is one near White Dotte on your way to Southampton.

Steve's Electronics
Radio Shack Dealer (not a company-owned RS store)
Lumberton Center
1636 NJ 38 E, Ste 11
Lumberton NJ 08048
609-267-5353

I would call ahead to ensure Steve's schedule at the store. Some days he is at his Woodstown store.

If you want to shop locally, the choice comes down to the scanner brand you are looking for.

Disclaimers:

After hurricane Irene I bought the -106 and cable from Steve, totally satisfied. A better price than any RS company stores in the area. Steve loaded the -106 (for a small fee) so I could begin listening while I was trying various programming software (learning curve). I also know (for at least 25 years) Mike Greene, owner of White Dotte, who also is a neighbor. Nice guy, never a problem with things bought at the storefront.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
R&R communications just off I-95 in Delaware is another one. Got my 396T there...they were ok to deal with. And no tax. If they have the PSR-800 I may get one there sometime in the near future. Funny you should ask though because I was going to post the exact same question today for that reason, neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.