Scanner dealers in VA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Is there anywhere in Va besides HRO Woodbridge to get the new Uniden scanners?

I am thinking of getting one today and the only other place I know where to get one is Bearcat Warehouse in MD. I called them and they are not expecting any until next week.

HRO-WB has the 536 but not the 436.

So, I was hoping some of you that are way more familiar with the area could point me to a couple places to try locally. I am just outside of Fredericksburg, so pretty much I can go North or South since I am in the middle of everything...lol

Thanks to all who help,

dtscho

Database Admin
I'm not a forum mod, so can't delete your thread, but out of curiosity, where did you order from? Must be fairly close if you're getting it tomorrow.

Dave

Dafe1er

I'm not a forum mod, so can't delete your thread, but out of curiosity, where did you order from? Must be fairly close if you're getting it tomorrow.

Dave

I bought it from Welcome to A Better Way To Buy

They are located in Crete IL. My old home State.

The lady I spoke with was really nice.Her name was Pat. I ordered around 11Am this morning and by 11:15AM I had my tracking number. I paid the extra money to overnight the unit since I was going to spend more than that driving around looking for a place that had them in stock. Plus they were the only ones who had 8 in stock. Everyone else I called on the East Cost were waiting until next week's shipment.

Really good experience so far and they were mentioned by a few people in the Uniden section. So, I figured since they are in my old State, I had nothing to loose by ordering from them. Especially since my family still lives there....lol ;)

Give em' a call.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I bought it from Welcome to A Better Way To Buy

They are located in Crete IL. My old home State.

The lady I spoke with was really nice.Her name was Pat. I ordered around 11Am this morning and by 11:15AM I had my tracking number. I paid the extra money to overnight the unit since I was going to spend more than that driving around looking for a place that had them in stock. Plus they were the only ones who had 8 in stock. Everyone else I called on the East Cost were waiting until next week's shipment.

Really good experience so far and they were mentioned by a few people in the Uniden section. So, I figured since they are in my old State, I had nothing to loose by ordering from them. Especially since my family still lives there....lol ;)

Give em' a call.

Let us know if you can get STARS to work. That seems to be a problem.

Dafe1er

Let us know if you can get STARS to work. That seems to be a problem.

That is 100% the reason why I broke down and bought the unit. I was tired of all the back and forth crap and decided to find out what is what for myself. If the unit does not work correctly then back it goes and the waiting begins on "W".

I will be trying the new unit without the update firmware then with it. I am also going to (if the little one goes to sleep) make a couple videos of both. I have not seen enough actual reviews on the unit and will try to put one together for everyone here.

It is on the truck for delivery and UPS normally comes around noon. So a few more hours! I already have everything setup in Sentinel and it helps already knowing the software. So, this should hopefully be easy and painless...lol

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
That is 100% the reason why I broke down and bought the unit. I was tired of all the back and forth crap and decided to find out what is what for myself. If the unit does not work correctly then back it goes and the waiting begins on "W".

I will be trying the new unit without the update firmware then with it. I am also going to (if the little one goes to sleep) make a couple videos of both. I have not seen enough actual reviews on the unit and will try to put one together for everyone here.

It is on the truck for delivery and UPS normally comes around noon. So a few more hours! I already have everything setup in Sentinel and it helps already knowing the software. So, this should hopefully be easy and painless...lol

I swear I almost purchased one for the same reason but my wife would have freaked out if I bought another scanner in the house just to see if I could program it-lol. However I still want another Phase II capable radio this year and I thinking about either a Uniden 436 or the Whistler PSR Clone so needless to say I am very interested in what you think about the 436.
Thanks

Dafe1er

I swear I almost purchased one for the same reason but my wife would have freaked out if I bought another scanner in the house just to see if I could program it-lol. However I still want another Phase II capable radio this year and I thinking about either a Uniden 436 or the Whistler PSR Clone so needless to say I am very interested in what you think about the 436.
Thanks

I just could not take reading and not knowing if it was going to work for me or not. That plus my wife (while NO push over) has heard me talking about getting a new scanner for 6 months and said I could get one MAYBE two this year and no matter what I might purchase she did not want to hear it did not cover the phase 2 thingy.....lol

GOD Bless Her.

So, after chomping at the bit and having little to no patience I ordered it. Now if only they would deliver it already. Tapping my toe over here. roflmao

I have while waiting been listening to VSP on the STARS system with my HP-1. Talking on Richmond, Culpeper, Fairfax and on Surveillance 2. Picking up a little more than normal today which is good! Even have a small Video for it.

more to come......

Dafe1er

This is the HP-1 Scanning the VSP on STARS. Working with a 23" mini mag mount multiband antenna in the house.

You can see I get Fairfax but not so clear. This is due to the antenna. I will be upgrading that this summer.
When I am mobile everything works well for the most part.

YouTube

More to come once the 436 arrives.

Dafe1er

OK, it is here. BCD436HP - YouTube

Here is a quick taste of the BCD436HP working right out the box. All I did was put batteries in it, did the time and date setting and plugged into PC. I did NOT update the database OR the firmware. I only loaded my favorites list. I will be doing that all when I get back.

I had the stock antenna on the BCD436 and the 23" antenna on my HP-1 while side by side and you can see the 436 is rolling strong. I have never heard the STARS system so clear.

I will have more video's and a review to come. My first thought is WELL DONE. Now let's get into it this evening and make sure.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You can now play with the new radio in the noreaster coming up the east coast. :)

GA public safety is on high alert, and I would guess SC/NC/VA aren't too far behind. Today our county took delivery of 100 tons of salt. Judging from the county highway department radio traffic today, the shipment will gone by the weekend and my car color will change to all white. Local TV weather people driving viewers nuts.

Good luck with the radio.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Dafe1er,

I'm curous to see how it does mobile as that is where most of my issues are.

Dave

Dafe1er

Dafe1er,

I'm curous to see how it does mobile as that is where most of my issues are.

Dave

I took the unit with me when I left this afternoon and use only the stock antenna. While I was able to still pick channels up, The unit will need an aftermarket antenna mounted on the vehicle. The stock antenna is what it is, stock. I will be trying another antenna in the coming days while mobile. For now I am going to be doing test from home. Trying to help the others who have issues with getting STARS so, we can all enjoy these new toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.