Scanner display screen saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I'm using an older flat screen monitor that shows two virtual scanner displays (996t and 996xt).

(ProScan software on Dell Optiplex running Windows XP SP3 if it matters)

Since the monitor is on 24/7, I'm concerned that they will "burn" into the screen.

Does anyone know of any screen saver that will prevent that.. Perhaps something that will let each display
float around the screen? Perhaps the 996t will generally stay on the left side, and the 996xt on the other side of the screen.

Or maybe someone else is thinking out of the box and has an even better idea?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Can you be more specific about the tech used by the TV display? Most "flat screen" TVs do not suffer from burn-in.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know that flat screens don't burn. We have some flat screens at work with some nasty burns on them. I don't know if they are plasma or led. I am using a used View Sonic flat screen.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well if you load up a Windows screen saver and set it up to kick in after a certain period of inactivity - voila, problem solved. No burn in issues (flat screen or not...) Mike

sleeplesman1

Premium Subscriber
screen saver

you need to let us know what version of windows it is. then maybe we can help. i know you click the perl and go to control panel. then choose display. then chose screen saver.. then choose the picture and set the screen saver timer. then go to advanced settings, i there you will choose the movement, speed and size. sorry... i should have read better... optiplex with win xp/3.. these directions should put you pretty close to what you want.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I think you may be right pb. Unless there is a program that allows you to resize two working windows and automatically float those windows around the desktop

k3cfc

Silent Key
I'm using an older flat screen monitor that shows two virtual scanner displays (996t and 996xt).

(ProScan software on Dell Optiplex running Windows XP SP3 if it matters)

Since the monitor is on 24/7, I'm concerned that they will "burn" into the screen.

Does anyone know of any screen saver that will prevent that.. Perhaps something that will let each display
float around the screen? Perhaps the 996t will generally stay on the left side, and the 996xt on the other side of the screen.

Or maybe someone else is thinking out of the box and has an even better idea?

If you are using a plasma tv it will burn otherwise it won't.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
This is what I do, I have 5 displays on my scanner machine.

First screen powers off after 3 hours, if I want it back on I just press a key on the keyboard.

2nd when leaving or going to bed when I don't need the monitors I have a shortcut setup for an app like Turn Off your Display Using a Windows Shortcut and More - TechSpot which puts the monitors into standby.

When I want them back on I just hit a key on the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.