Scanner feature requests and suggestions (see email link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
We here at Whistler want to give you all the opportunity to provide us suggestions/requests for new features on future scanner models. This is your time to give us your wish list - not just updates for our existing scanners but what NEW features would you like to see in future models?

We genuinely want to hear from you! That is why we have created a email address for you to EMAIL us your suggestions/requests. Obviously you can post your suggestions/requests here to this thread but it will be MUCH EASIER for us to keep up with your requests through the email.

Let us hear your ideas!

EMAIL = scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
We here at Whistler want to give you all the opportunity to provide us suggestions/requests for new features on future scanner models. This is your time to give us your wish list - not just updates for our existing scanners but what NEW features would you like to see in future models?

We genuinely want to hear from you! That is why we have created a email address for you to EMAIL us your suggestions/requests. Obviously you can post your suggestions/requests here to this thread but it will be MUCH EASIER for us to keep up with your requests through the email.

Let us hear your ideas!

EMAIL = scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com

Thanks for the specialized email address!

Hopefully people will make good use of it.

I'm going to sticky this for now.

Joseph11

Just e-mailed this and the e-mail bounced back saying it's not a valid e-mail address. :(

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

My feature request is for a feature that was available on the PSR-600, and was dropped on the PSR-800/WS-1080/WS-1095. It appears like the TRX-1/TRX-2 will not have this as well.

The feature is Tune mode and the remote command as well.

Code:
Tune
	Command:
		STX T <freq0> <freq1> <freq2> <freq3> <rxmode>
		ETX SUM
	Response:
		(no response)
Tune mode makes the CC Dump more useful, otherwise you have to program a trunked system with a talkgroup that will never be active.

73 Eric

SCPD

QRT
Simple ... :wink:

User control ... no longer handcuffed by manufacturers.

So .. user designed themes / firmware like abilities particularly when it comes to the user interface, ie Garmin Connect IQ, FiiO Digital Audio Players.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/
DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3

I have both of the above products and have designed applications / themes for both of them. It was a HUGE factor in buying them in that I can make them mine and somewhat make them do what I want them to do. I know this is not for everyone, but it is amazing what the users can do when given the ability.

The scanner community has talented people, it is time for us to be allowed more control.

woodpecker

Bluetooth audio
Bluetooth or wifi remote control from app or web browser
Program location by Lat/Long
Remote protocol command to supply location to scanner lat/long or nmea
Be able to spectrum sweep and scan like Uniden CC DnD
Better quality case on handheld and less 'brick like'
I/Q output at least 1MHz to use with SDR software
More programming flexibilty, search for only certain digital modes and ignore others, auto skip modes, have a basic scripting system where you can write your own rules.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Larger screen. I personally don't care if it's color or not (that would add more to the price) but a larger screen would be nice on, at least, the mobile version. The small remote head is nice on the current 1095/98/TRX-2 but it wouldn't bother me if it was another inch or so wider and a little taller. But keep the magnets on the back, that is brilliant.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Just e-mailed this and the e-mail bounced back saying it's not a valid e-mail address. :(

It appears that my IT guy misspelled "suggestions" when setting up the email address! They are fixing it now and it should be good to go in a few. PLEASE EMAIL your suggestions.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you already tried to email. We definitely want your suggestions so please resend the email if you already tried to send one. If you posted in the thread, please also email your suggestions so we can keep track of them.

THANKS!!!

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Finally, A company that wants to hear from its consumers. This goes a long way in my eyes. Especially since I have had my eye on the WS1098 and now I think it will be the TRX-2 for my first Whistler product/ purchase ever. UNdone is losing touch with its consumers and me.

Thank you!

Joseph11

It appears that my IT guy misspelled "suggestions" when setting up the email address! They are fixing it now and it should be good to go in a few. PLEASE EMAIL your suggestions.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you already tried to email. We definitely want your suggestions so please resend the email if you already tried to send one. If you posted in the thread, please also email your suggestions so we can keep track of them.

THANKS!!!

Submitted! Thanks!

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Display, audio, and control

Thank you for the opportunity to give input for features and design. I use handheld radios for portable, mobile, and base monitoring. Five things to suggest/request:

1. In normal light the LCD display should be clear and legible without any backlight, such as the display on my GRE Psr500 and my Casio watch. By contrast (no pun intended) my GRE Psr800 is awful in good light without putting the backlight at least in low setting.

2. For advanced users, please give us flexibility to configure to a high degree what information and in what size/position is shown on the display in different situations. For example: what site is being received as given by data stream information rather than by received frequency. Yes, it will take some effort for the user to configure, but advanced users are willing to spend the time and effort to get what they want. No need to configure from the radio, connect to computer and use software.

3. While on the subject of connection to computer: be able to control the radio and duplicate the display information on/with the computer such as can be done with the Psr500 and Win500.

4. Provide a connection for a remote speaker that is not volume restricted for safe earphone use. It is a shame to have to use an amplified speaker to be able to have a shoulder speaker for convenience when you can get ample output from the radio itself. Perhaps using a separate jack located away from the earphone jack.

5. Above all, provide a full keypad on the radio, such as on the Psr500. Include at least 3 soft keys that the user can configure as hot keys for quick access "macro" sequences rather than having to work through a menu.

Ron
Has also been submitted by email above

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
4. Provide a connection for a remote speaker that is not volume restricted for safe earphone use. It is a shame to have to use an amplified speaker to be able to have a shoulder speaker for convenience when you can get ample output from the radio itself. Perhaps using a separate jack located away from the earphone jack.

By this one do you mean like a "line out" similar to what the Uniden 'home/base' models have?

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Line out normally would be an audio out to a recorder or amplifier. Don't have a Uniden so can't say for sure what they provide. I was referring to a connection for external speaker to use instead of the internal speaker, it would silence the internal speaker when external speaker plugged in (like a shoulder speaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.