Scanner Feed Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having some trouble with my feed, Jane Lew Fire Dept, in WV, i can listen to the feed on the website just fine, and everything looks the same as it did before on the computer hosting it.
But when i try to use my scanner911 app for the iphone it is saying my feed is offline?? Any ideas whats wrong with it?

Thanks

Mike

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
The Scanner911 app seems to be having problems. I tried to listen to a couple of feeds last night using it, with no luck.

The makers of Scanner911 never updated their feed database after the server issues on Radio Reference. So any feed that was originally on server 4 and moved to to server 2, or was originally on server 2 and is now on server 4 no longer is working.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
The makers of Scanner911 never updated their feed database after the server issues on Radio Reference. So any feed that was originally on server 4 and moved to to server 2, or was originally on server 2 and is now on server 4 no longer is working.

Yes I agree this is most likely the cause.

My guess is that they don't know that it's not working. Even though I have Scanner911 I find that I really prefer Action Scanner after finding out about it here on the forums. Seems kind of old fashioned to just listen to one feed when you can actually scan 4 feeds at the same time.

ya i just discovered the action scanner app and i like it a lot, but i wish i could set my feed as priority, and also to be able to look out a channel without having to take it out of the bank, maybe there working on that and it will be in a update
other than that it is pretty awesome

notluf

ya i just discovered the action scanner app and i like it a lot, but i wish i could set my feed as priority, and also to be able to look out a channel without having to take it out of the bank, maybe there working on that and it will be in a update
other than that it is pretty awesome

You can contact the author of ActionScanner at Support@teenySoftware.com. The author is very responsive to emails and corrected several issues with the app when I reported them. He even forced an update on his backend server when I stood up my feed here at RR and it showed up within minutes in the app (the app checks in with his server which updates the list of feeds from RR daily.)

Status
Not open for further replies.