Scanner feed using Rasberry Pi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
I am currently a feed provider. I want to change my feed over to the PI3 will it run shoutcast software from command prompt?

DC31

Feed Provider

hazard78

Feed Provider
help

i get this message when i start darknice

DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:150: no section [general] in config [0]

here is my darkice1.cfg which is at /etc/darkice

[general] #
duration = 0 #
bufferSecs = 10 #
reconnect = yes #

[input] #
device = plughw:1,0 # hw:0,0 then hw:1,0 then hw:2,0 etc
sampleRate = 22050 #
bitsPerSample = 16 #
channel = 1 # 1 for mono, 2 for stereo

[icecast2-0] #
bitrateMode = cbr #
format = mp3 #
bitrate = 16 #
quality = 0.1 #
channel = 1 #
lowpass = 5000 #
sampleRate = 22050 #
server = audio3.broadcastify.com # Your Master Server Name
port = 80 # 80 or 8080
password = dg0mv95t # Your Feed Password
mountPoint = w817d3cxy564 # Your Feed Mount Point (Leave out the "/")
name = ST CLAIR COUNY FIRE # Your Feed Name

ive tried everything

clemfm

[general] #
duration = 0 #
bufferSecs = 10 #
reconnect = yes #

[input] #
sampleRate = 22050 #
bitsPerSample = 16 #

[icecast2-0] #
bitrateMode = cbr #
format = mp3 #
bitrate = 16 #
quality = 0.1 #
channel = 1 #
lowpass = 5000 #
sampleRate = 22050 #
port = 80 # 80 or 8080

ive tried everything

I had some similar problems I believe. I would delete your darkice config file, copy the default config file back and then edit accordingly to meet your requirements.

DC31

Feed Provider

[general] #
duration = 0 #
bufferSecs = 10 #
reconnect = yes #

[input] #
sampleRate = 22050 #
bitsPerSample = 16 #

[icecast2-0] #
bitrateMode = cbr #
format = mp3 #
bitrate = 16 #
quality = 0.1 #
channel = 1 #
lowpass = 5000 #
sampleRate = 22050 #
port = 80 # 80 or 8080

ive tried everything

The line DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:150: no section [general] in config [0] is telling you that the darkice program cannot locate the configuration file. Have you created a darkice FOLDER in etc? If so, then your path needs to be /etc/darkice/darkice1.cfg.

racer38

I have been trying to use Darkice on a Pi3 and Pi2B for the last couple of days following the Wiki and many other set up sites. Just can't get it to work .. I also tried Raspian Jessie and Ubuntu Mate. It starts up and shows as being online but then shortly goes offline. I also noticed the latest version of Darkice is 1.3 and most repo's have Darkice 1.2. apt-get install dark ice will get you 1.2 with MP3 support.

burhead1

bearcat bc75xlt with Pi B Darkice

So have been playing for some time now, My problem may just be a hardware problem.
Everything running no errors and when i plug in the cable from scanner to usb cheap dongle(mic input) the scanner screen blanks out and it goes to scan. I can get it to run by at times but when audio comes in or pi boots it blanks out scanner, goes to scan mode and no audio. (if i run through amp no problem. Any ideas?

DC31

Feed Provider
So have been playing for some time now, My problem may just be a hardware problem.
Everything running no errors and when i plug in the cable from scanner to usb cheap dongle(mic input) the scanner screen blanks out and it goes to scan. I can get it to run by at times but when audio comes in or pi boots it blanks out scanner, goes to scan mode and no audio. (if i run through amp no problem. Any ideas?

Do you have another radio or scanner thst you can try?

burhead1

Thank you DC31, I did not have another scanner as they are mounted in my vehicle. :) I have just run through small amp and working well.

I now need a little help with getting darkice to run on boot, I am new to coding so go easy. I have tried adding the line in crontab but have been unsuccessful. I am also running TTD.
Thanks

DC31

Feed Provider
Thank you DC31, I did not have another scanner as they are mounted in my vehicle. :) I have just run through small amp and working well.

I now need a little help with getting darkice to run on boot, I am new to coding so go easy. I have tried adding the line in crontab but have been unsuccessful. I am also running TTD.
Thanks

What model pi are you running and which operating system?

Can you post the line that you are trying in crontab that does't work?

How do you start darkice manually?

burhead1

What model pi are you running and which operating system?

Can you post the line that you are trying in crontab that does't work?

How do you start darkice manually?

Model is a B, twotonedetectv67 can start manually with "darkice or darkice that"

DC31

Feed Provider
Model is a B, twotonedetectv67 can start manually with "darkice or darkice that"

My TTD and darkice both run in detached screens. If you don't have screen installed it is $ sudo apt-get install screen.

My crontab entry that starts darkice upon reboot is:

# 9-13-2013 reload RR stream 45 sec. after loading TTD.
@reboot /bin/sleep 45 ; screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice

Then if you want to see that it is actually running $ screen -list

burhead1

Thank you Dc had the line in crontab, looks like was missing install screen. Also after reboot still was not running, Then i remembered to stop my stream that was running on pc. LOL. Working now thank you.

K7AZ

Feed Provider
RPi-3 andDarkSnow Semi-Operational For Santa Barbara County

I borrowed a USB Sound FOB from my AllStar set up and managed to get my RPi-3 bench-test feed and VNC running last night. Now to determine if the set up is stable before deploying at a remote site. The only quirk so far is that this FOB required 44100 instead of 22050 on the audio settings. I'm still looking for the FILTER setting so anything above 3.5 kHz can be rolled off. IMHO, that filter is mandatory for a feed as my last feed with ProScan seemed to sound real bad on some signal / modulation levels.

DC31

Feed Provider
Darksnow is simply a gui for the darkice program. Its author has chosen not to include the filtering options in the interface.

If you can find the darkice.cfg file that darksnow is using, you might be able to manually add the filter.

From the screenshot on the darksnow webpage it looks like the location of the cfg file is shown in the lower box of the audio settings tab.

The filter option is shown in the darkice configuration in the WIKI:
Live Audio/Ubuntu Darkice - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

ffryan76

Feed Provider
In my windows machine I use RadioFeed. With that program you can send Radio Id and such to your stream. Will darksnow do this as well?

K7AZ

Feed Provider
Sorry, I am a NOOB with Linux/sudo/nano, but when I try to nano that file, it comes up empty. On google sites, I found a 3.9 GB image from Dec 2015 and might give that a try. I have the DarkSnow panel up and running but again there is no filter setting. My USB Audio FOBs will be here today. Stay tuned!
Thanks and Happy New Year!

K7AZ

Feed Provider
Hmmm, streaming is up but no audio at all... Found out that the 1/8" audio cable specified in the Broadcastify Pi set up can not be TS, but rather TRS to the stereo USB Audio FOB.
So I used a 1/8" TRS to RCA jack splitter cable and sending audio into only one of the RCA jacks from scanner. The scanner end BCT15X end can be TR or TRS but is not stereo.

Meanwhile, I have yet to be able to view/edit the Darkice.conf file, in fact it does not show up in the ETC folder which I find real odd. With DarkSnow running, one can not snoop around the files.

jaded

Feed Provider
Meanwhile, I have yet to be able to view/edit the Darkice.conf file, in fact it does not show up in the ETC folder which I find real odd. With DarkSnow running, one can not snoop around the files.

I haven't played with DarkSnow yet at all, but I can give you a somewhat brute-force way of seeing what files DarkIce has open (which, hopefully, includes the config file that it reads). The command 'lsof' lists files (including library files, etc.) that a process has open, and 'grep' searches for a string. Put the two together and you'll find what you're after.
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsof | grep darkice
If lsof isn't installed, use 'sudo apt-get install lsof' to put it on your system. This isn't necessarily the most elegant way of doing this, but give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.