Scanner Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

On my BCD396T, I tried to do the update to the V2.00.07 Firmware but everytime I try I get a error saying "Application not Found" even though I did download it three times... :confused:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
With the 396 upgrading to 2.0 and anything higher, you need your ESN or it will not load. The scanner must be registered with Uniden in order to get the ESN.

The other possible error the comm port is wrong. Check and make sure it is correct. Keep in mind that if you are using a USB adapter, the comm port can change if you put the cable into a different port.

landonjensen

With the 396 upgrading to 2.0 and anything higher, you need your ESN or it will not load. The scanner must be registered with Uniden in order to get the ESN.

The other possible error the comm port is wrong. Check and make sure it is correct. Keep in mind that if you are using a USB adapter, the comm port can change if you put the cable into a different port.

Did both and still nothing.... :confused:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
and how do i fix this?

Carefully read the first sticky at the beginning of this forum and the posts with that sticky. I'm sure your problem has been discussed before.

Also exactly follow the release notes and instructions posted on the Uniden web site with the upgrade. Everything works when the instructions are followed exactly.

Important Firmware Notice
  • Firmware updates for the BCD396T and BCD996T scanners are now located on your “All My Scanners” page. When you register a scanner, the latest firmware version available for that scanner is linked in the “Latest Firmware” column. These downloads are no longer kept in the “My Downloads” area.
  • If you have not yet entered an ESN and ESN checksum for your scanner, the latest firmware link will be to the firmware version that enables these functions on your scanner. You must apply this update before applying a Version 2 or later update.
  • Once you apply the version that provides the ESN and checksum, register that information for the scanner. After you enter this information you will be given a link to get a Version 2 registration key for that scanner.
  • Once you retrieve your Version 2 registration key, you will be given a link to get the latest Version 2 firmware.
  • Read all release notes for each download before applying the update. They provide important information and instructions for applying the update, as well as troubleshooting tips in case you run into a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.