Scanner for Clearwater, Saftey harbor PD and Fire rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCFreak

Premium Subscriber
Hey all I am looking to buy a scanner for my Dad in clearwater

I live in OK and looked at the database for Pinellas County

I noticed there is no real freq for fire and EMS

did they change the freq or go to a proprietary system?

I thought I could ship one to RS and they would program but I guess that is not the case

please if someone could answer that would be awesome

Klentathu

Premium Subscriber
Pinellas County Frequency Info

1. Pinellas County currently uses a hybrid Motorola Smartzone II analog trunking system in the 851-856 MHz range, however; they are in the process of switching to an APCO 25 Digital trunking system and when that switch is complete, only a scanner capable of decoding digital signals will work. So far, only the bus system, the school system, and some encoded police traffic is on the digital side. To find the frequencies in use, use the radioreference database and look under Pinellas County trunking system.

2. Safety Harbor does not have a PD...they are patrolled by the Sheriff''s Office.

3. Clearwater is unique in Pinellas County as they were the first police agency to go to 800 MHz trunking and they use the GE EDACS system, and they may now be digital as well.

4. The bottom line is that I would recommend a high end scanner capable of receiving both analog and digital with FM, Narrow FM, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR...which purchased new runs about $400 but you can find deals here and on E-Bay, etc.

5, In the meantime, I am providing the primary Pinellas County Feed for Pinellas Sheriff (including Safety Harbor), Pinellas County Fire Dispatch (including Safety Harbor stations 52, 53, and 54), along with St. Pete PD and Pinellas Park PD. These are all still analog, at least for now.

Good luck with your search,

abbadabbado

pinellas cty an clearwater pd

if your dad needs simplicity my suggeston would bcall scannermaster order the radio tell them the entities you want let them do the programing.. i did this at first being a newbe point is they did a fantastic job. kind of expensive but well worth it one bit on the massive pinellas system make sure they put in all of pinellas frequencys not just control freq also as of this morning clearwater is still in analog mode. maybe some digital i seem to recieve lots of traffic. there. good luck so your dad can enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.