Scanner for Manatee/Sarasota public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief17

Thinking about buying a new scanner. Located in Lakewood Ranch. Which is better for that system-BC436/536 or SDS200/200? Thanks

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Unication, no doubt. But they have to release new Beta Hardware. Have not found any location in Sarasota or Manatee that I have not received all transmissions loud & clear.
Ed

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
SDS200, no contest. I have both BCD436HP and SDS100, and I can tell you that the 436 is simply not equipped for P25 simulcast. Yes, the price is much more, but the frustration that you won't be experiencing is worth it.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I second the SDS models over the HP models.

I haven't personally used the Unication pagers. I heard they work very well for P25 simulcast but I know you're going to limit yourself compared to the flexibility of a scanner.

sjlamb

Make that THREE votes for SDS series. Simply put, nothing else compares to the performance of the SDS100 and SDS200 series of scanners on the Sarasota-Manatee P25 system. Memory size, programming ease and flexibility, massive color display size and customization, sensitivity and audio all excel.

whooey

Unication cannot pause on a channel; HUGE deal breaker for me. I was in Anna Maria Island all last week with my SDS 100, I got manatee/Sarasota and Pinellas perfectly all week long.

grossepointebob

Premium Subscriber
My 436 works good and picks up the Manatee/Sarasota P25 system without any problems. My location in Lakewood Ranch is close to one of the system's transmission towers (located at SR70 and Lorraine) which helps. However, if I had to start over, I'd go with one of the SDS models for the reasons noted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.