Scanner for Montgomery area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xon

I'd like to start listening in on police traffic in Montgomery. So to that end I started trying to get a feel for how much money a scanner would cost, but I can't even figure out what features I need. Can anybody help point me to a (relatively) inexpensive scanner that would do the job? I'm looking at listening in on Montgomery City Police specifically. As I understand it Montgomery Fire uses ProVoice so I don't think I'll be able to listen to them at all, though I would really like that even more than the police.

Any help is much appreciated!

puzzleriddle

basically Montgomery city (LE & Anything dealing with City is Provoice EDACS digital so forget it except for 1 PD dispatch channel. The County side is somewhat better, All VFD's are analog & SO has a TAC channel that is analog. & also misc MA ( muutal aid) channels are analog, so basically any scanner that wil do EDACS would be ok :)

Cochran_rick

XON, I live in Prattville and use a BCT-15X to monitor MPD. As the earlier post said, they use a system that can't be scanned on all of their frequencies other then dispatch channel 1 and the River District channels. You will hear a good bit of their communications on these two channels. My son is on the MPD and I can be on the phone with him and hear his radio in the background, and it will be the same as I am hearing on the scanner. It is enough to keep you busy listening and you will still have all of the County traffic as well. From Prattville I can scan Montgomery, Chilton Co., Millbrook. I'm sue you will have plenty to listen to. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.