Scanner for my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

davel3083

Someone please help me !!!!! I am looking to get a scanner to listen to calls in my area and I have no idea what I need to get, can someone help me out by telling me what kind I need to get !!!! I live in Newark Ohio Licking County if someone that knows what they are doing can assist me please...
Thank You Very Much !!!!!

teufler

Things look very straight forward in your county. Mostly analog (non trunking, non digital) course the state has the MARCS system that is digital trunking. You can save some money, Uniden 325p2 for a handheld or Whistler 1040. Of course counties can switch to something better but these scanners can handle a switch. If the county would go to encryption, you are SOL. iF THE COUNTY made a switch to a DMR system, lower cost than a p25 system, some scanners can get a firmware upgrade. If you shopped around, and old bc 780 xlt, would easily handle your county. On ebay, there are some of these that are offered from time to time. Plus side, you can save alot of money comp[red to the current scanners, down side, if Licking made a switch, you can not upgrade that scanner.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Go to the database section of RR, select your zipcode, once all the frequencies appear, look at the rt side of the page and you can select a scanner for your area.

W3DRM

Premium Subscriber
SD card file data layouts

Sorry, posted in wrong thread. Can't figure out how to delete the old post...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.