Scanner for North Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan19

Premium Subscriber
I'm really new to scanners and don't know very much. I'm thinking about buying a Uniden BCD436HP.
Would this work well for Jackson parish, Ouachita parish, and Lincoln parish? Do any of these parishes use encrypted frequencies? Sorry but I don't know how to tell.

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
Hi I live in Jackson parish, the areas you mentioned are not encrypted. I can't comment on the above scanner. I own a BCD996P2, and love this scanner

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Jonesboro, LA.. I own both a BCD996P2 and a SDS-200 both work very well in this area I do listen to P25 phase 2 with no problems

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OPSO, and MPD both use some encryption, but it is not full time and is not on all TG's. Question, is the OPSO LTR offlined yet?

Full Time Encryption is a capital E in the DB. Partial/part time Encryption is an lower case e in the DB. In Ouachita Parish you will see a few TG's for OPSO, and MPD are De, indicating Partial/Part Time Encryption is in use. Lincoln Parish has no Encryption that has been noted. Jackson Parish is also Encryption free as far as we know. At least no one has submitted otherwise yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I have not heard OPSO LTR in awhile
TY, I know most of the Parish Public Safety LTR's have been going offline in the last year or so as they fully migrate finally to the LWIN. TDMA use on LWIN is at least 5 years away guys. So that gives you some time to get set up. Your neighbors up North in AR though will be mostly TDMA by then on the AWIN.

logan19

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered the BCD536hp. Any recommendations for a antenna with a magnetic mount for a vehilce? One that would work well in my location.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
TY, I know most of the Parish Public Safety LTR's have been going offline in the last year or so as they fully migrate finally to the LWIN. TDMA use on LWIN is at least 5 years away guys. So that gives you some time to get set up. Your neighbors up North in AR though will be mostly TDMA by then on the AWIN.
And Mississippi as well

logan19

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to program in Jackson parish and Jonesboro but I can’t hear them.

BillC

Premium Subscriber
Anyone had luck with a home patrol 2 in Ouachita parish? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one.
thx. Looking at monitoring LWIN
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.