Scanner for police trunking and UHF (Mil Air) systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1blackz28

I'm thinking about retiring the BC-235XLT because it's in rough shape. I got this scanner my freshman year of college and it's provided me many days and nights of entertainment over the last 11 years, but I digress.

I'm looking for a new handheld scanner that is capable of listening to both analog police trunking systems and military aircraft UHF systems. It seems most of the budget scanners (less than $200) either do one or the other, but not both. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

N8IAA

Right now, the PSR-310 is the only current scanner in production that comes close to your requirements. It is priced under $200, does analog TT'ing, and has milair included. There are others that are out of production like the Pro-164/PSR-300 that will do what you ask too.
HTH,
Larry

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
and military aircraft UHF systems.

If you are talking about the "systems" in the milair UHF band (380-400 mhz), then you will most likely need a digital capable radio since most of those trunked systems are P25.
If you meant just milair conventional aircraft in the UHF band (225-400) then you will be fine with the radios in the previous posts.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.