Scanner for Yuma P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSA6123

I am also new to P25 our local police in Quartzsite Az. are now using yuma P25 system..... can anybody help me I have 2 digital scanners but still in the dark.... when i put in the frequencies that are on the radio reference page all I get is a lotta static and no voice I'm stumped thank you

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Is it a p25 phase 1 or phase 2 system. If it is phase 2 you will need to get a scanner that can decode phase 2, Most digital scanners can only decode phase 1 systems.

N8IAA

I am also new to P25 our local police in Quartzsite Az. are now using yuma P25 system..... can anybody help me I have 2 digital scanners but still in the dark.... when i put in the frequencies that are on the radio reference page all I get is a lotta static and no voice I'm stumped thank you

Always more helpful when you include the digital scanners you have. If you are speaking of the Yuma City PD, a simple check of the RR database will answer your question. They are Encrypted. Could be why you are hearing digital squacks.
Larry

Last edited:

KB7MIB

Much of the law enforcement on the YRCS (Yuma Regional Communications System, which actually covers Yuma, La Paz, Maricopa, Pinal, Pima and I believe Cochise counties) is encrypted. ADOT Enforcement and the ADOT road crews in the Yuma, Phoenix and Tucson areas are in the clear, and DPS has some rarely used patches to District 4 and the Phoenix Metro channels that are in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.