scanner frequencies for Medina & Wayne County Fairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davef1982

Medina County Fair

Does anyone know what frequency and PL tone the Medina County Sheriff uses now at the fairgrounds? Many years ago I know they used 460.55 which was "channel 4" in their radios. The deputies could talk to other people working at the fair using that channel which was already programmed into their radios. For non law enforcement, the fair would rent radios from Rapid Radio Rental in Medina. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

davef1982

Dave did you ever get my PM on SPD?

OHIOSCAN

No...I never got it. I have read some posts that people were having issues with the PM's not working. Maybe I was one of them. I was out that way the other day and I did notice that the PD was still using citywide for dispatching. I will PM you with my email address and you can forward that PM if you don't mind. Let me know if my PM doesn't go through. I'm doing it right now.

D

davef1982

Thanks a lot Mike! I will be heading out that way tonight.

Does anyone know any of the other channels??? i know that there's...
Channel 1 "Directors"
Channel 2 "Gates"
Channel 3 "Parking"
Channel 4 "Security"
Then there are three "Event" Channels"

So i'm just going to program assuming they are narrow-band radios.

Medina County Fair FQs

Hello everyone, I am looking for some of the other frequencies for the Medina County Fair radios I know "Channel 4"(Security) is 460.55 but i am looking for some of the other channels! Even guesses could help thanks guys!

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
For the most part they [Fair workers] use GMRS, Sheriff uses their secondary and carnies not sure about I believe they use GMRS as well

Last edited by a moderator:

MotorolaDave

Does anybody have the frequencies used for Medina County and Wayne County Fairs?

Pretty much everyone at the Medina Fair (with the exception of carnies) use 460.55 with a PL of 141.3.

In the past it was simplex, but I heard they may have recently added a low wattage repeater.

MotorolaDave

MotorolaDave thank you for the information. Does that mean that police,Sheriff,etc will all be on 460.550?

Yes, that is correct. I was there the other night and there were members of the sheriffs office and other communities that they dispatch working security. It also appears that they have a very low wattage repeater now at or near the fairgrounds.

photopro

what are the scanner frequencies for the Wayne County Fair?

I need the scanner frequencies for the Wayne County Fair. I have the Medina County Fair scanner frequencies and the fair ends tomorrow on Sunday.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I need the scanner frequencies for the Wayne County Fair. I have the Medina County Fair scanner frequencies and the fair ends tomorrow on Sunday.

Try the search or Close Call function on your scanner, perhaps?

photopro

Sorry that I didn't share the information on the scanner frequency for the Medina County Fair. The frequency for Sheriff and the other communities is 460.550.

photopro

The Medina County Fair has come and gone, and for those members who didn't get the information. the frequency for everybody( except the carnies) was 460.550. The Wayne County Fair is coming in September and I would like to know the frequencies to be used.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The Medina County Fair has come and gone, and for those members who didn't get the information. the frequency for everybody( except the carnies) was 460.550. The Wayne County Fair is coming in September and I would like to know the frequencies to be used.

The database is your friend: Wayne County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Also, as suggested before, try the search or close call feature of your scanner; you can find all sorts of fascinating stuff that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.