Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDERFAN34

Yes i just got a whistler digital 1065 scanner and i was wondering if anyone could help me im looking for any info on belmont county ohio scanner frequencies so i could program it into my scanner

RDGDigital

Belmont County (Project 25) Trunking System, St Clairsville, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

It looks like Belmont County is on the above system, which is a Project 25 Phase I system. The Whistler WS1065 is able to monitor this type of system, however it looks like all the Law Enforcement channels are encrypted, which no scanner can monitor. The Fire, EMS and other Public Service channels are in the clear, so they can be monitored. If you look in the "Mode" column of the above link, anything with an E is encrypted and can't be monitored.

This systems would need to be programmed as a trunking system. While this can be done directly on the scanner, it is very much easier to program using software. There are three software programs in the Wiki that will work with this scanner here...

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Also, here is a link to an easier to read manual for this scanner...

Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Hope this helps to get you started.

RIDERFAN34

Scanner Frequency

I understand that belmont county law enforcement is encrypted and cant be monitered but how can i montor belmont county fire ems public service on my digital scanner cause im not fimilar with downloading software is there a way i can manually program the frequency they use into my 1065 digital scanner cause i tried getting the frequency numbers off here but it says they use the 700 ohio marcs system and the project 25 phase I system but im looking to see how to program the system they use into my scanner like the 853.700 mhz it says for belmont county on the 800 mhz frequency

RDGDigital

https://youtu.be/0FVdanCy-pM

Personally, I don't have the patience to program my scanners manually, preferring to use software. I find programming manually to be very tedious, and prone to errors that are very difficult to track down. Above is a link to a YouTube video showing how to manually program a Project 25 Phase I system into a PRO-106. This is not Belmont County, but it does show exactly how you would go about programming it, you would just need to substitute Belmont County for what they are programming.

There are many other videos on YouTube that may help. When searching YouTube, you can search for any of the following scanners: GRECOM PSR-500/PSR-600, Radio Shack PRO-106/PRO-197/PRO-651/PRO-652 or Whistler WS1040/WS1065. All these scanners are programmed the same way.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Nasby

Your best bet is to buy programming software such as WIN500 or others. Then get a premium subscription here on Radioreference.

That way you can simply import what you need. It will save you hours and hours of frustration.

I can't imagine even attempting to program Ohio MARCS by hand. Unless you aren't busy for about a month.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I understand that belmont county law enforcement is encrypted and cant be monitered but how can i montor belmont county fire ems public service on my digital scanner cause im not fimilar with downloading software is there a way i can manually program the frequency they use into my 1065 digital scanner cause i tried getting the frequency numbers off here but it says they use the 700 ohio marcs system and the project 25 phase I system but im looking to see how to program the system they use into my scanner like the 853.700 mhz it says for belmont county on the 800 mhz frequency
While it is much quicker, as well as more accurate, to program a system using software, it can be done manually through the keyboard.

Start here on the 'Easier to read manual' that RDG linked earlier.

You would need to create a TSYS object for each of the two systems, Belmont County and Ohio MARCS IP. For each of those, you'll create the system using the frequency information for the Belmont system's site, and the three MARCS sites in your county. The Easier to Read manual has step by step instructions.

Once you have the systems set up, you can enter the talkgroups (TGIDs) of the agencies you want to hear, i.e. Fire, EMS, public service.

As RDG noted, programming manually can be tedious, as you only see one or two fields at a time, and have to step through the menus to complete each entry. With software, you are seeing most of the needed information at the same time, making it much easier & quicker to spot and correct simple errors in entries a,d/or omissions. Using the Object Oriented software link RDG provided earlier, you'll see that there are three software packages that work for your specific scanner. All three have 30 day free trials, before you have to either purchase a license for the program, or cease using it. Even if you did not sign up as a Premium Subscriber, so that you could do direct imports from the database, you'll find that entry via software is much quicker and less prone to errors than manual entry.

RIDERFAN34

Scanner Frequency

Yes Im looking to program belmont county ohio scanner frequency into my scanner and i was on here a few days ago and someone sent me a video on how to program the project 25 phase I into my scanner but im kind of confused as to what i should put cause i found this where it says apco25 caie for belmont county which it says its not a project 25 phase I system and it wants me to place it under motorola 800 900 mhz frequency so when programing this county into my scanner should i put it under trunked system project 25 auto or voice or should i put it under the 800 mhz trunked frequency and for my frequencies it says simulcast for belmont county ohio so when programing it should i use the ohio marcs frequencies for belmont county or should i use the 800 mhz frequency its listing for belmont county.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes Im looking to program belmont county ohio scanner frequency into my scanner and i was on here a few days ago and someone sent me a video on how to program the project 25 phase I into my scanner but im kind of confused as to what i should put cause i found this where it says apco25 caie for belmont county which it says its not a project 25 phase I system and it wants me to place it under motorola 800 900 mhz frequency so when programing this county into my scanner should i put it under trunked system project 25 auto or voice or should i put it under the 800 mhz trunked frequency and for my frequencies it says simulcast for belmont county ohio so when programing it should i use the ohio marcs frequencies for belmont county or should i use the 800 mhz frequency its listing for belmont county.
For Belmont County, Ohio, the Belmont system is a P25 Standard (Phase I) system. Not sure where you are seeing that it is not, because it says exactly that (Project 25) in the system details:
System Type:project 25 Phase I

To program that system, you would use the frequencies on that systems page. While Fire channels seem to be in the clear, all of the law enforcement channels (cities and the county) are listed as being encrypted. If that is correct, then you would not be able to monitor law enforcement in the county.

For MARCS, there are three sites listed as being in Belmont County. Use the one that is closest to you, or that you can receive the best. Looking at MARCS, it indicates that Belmont County is under District 7 for OSP.

RIDERFAN34

Scanner Frequency

Ok for my scanner which do I need to use to program the Belmont county project 25 phase I system cause I have p25 auto and p25 manual and I'm not sure which p25 to use to program the Belmont county system into my scanner

RIDERFAN34

Scanner Frequency

Ok so when I go to put this system into my digital scanner which p25 system do I use to program Belmont county ohio cause I have p25 auto p25 manual ltr mot 800/900 mot vhf/uhf edacs std edacs narow listed as my trunking systems

bigcam406

Did you read the manual that came with the scanner? The database lists what type the system is that you wish to monitor. All of the info is there. Use P25 auto.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok so when I go to put this system into my digital scanner which p25 system do I use to program Belmont county ohio cause I have p25 auto p25 manual ltr mot 800/900 mot vhf/uhf edacs std edacs narow listed as my trunking systems
P25 Auto

RIDERFAN34

Scanner Frequency

Sorry for all the confusion it's just I'm new to the whole trunking digital scanner and I followed the instructions on the YouTube video on how to program a project 25 phase I system into the scanner and it's confusing me cause I'm not able to pick anything up for the Belmont county system except when the page goes out so I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere cause it's saying Belmont county has a simulcast frequency and I have programed all 5 frequencies into the scanner and set it for project 25 auto along with the id numbers and I can't get anything to come across

Status
Not open for further replies.