Scanner Generated Noise to Other on Same Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve2fet

Hi
I'm sharing an antenna with a few scanners. One of them is a Uniden BCD996XT.

While it is scanning it is inducing a click click click none stop into the other scanners sharing the same antenna. The audio on the other scanner is affected by this. When the BCD996XT is paused on a frequency it does not produce the noise.

Did Uniden fix/corrected this? Any way to prevent it from generating noise to the antenna port/coax going to the other scanners?

Thanks!

Last edited:

derevs

This is nothing that Uniden can or should fix.
Try using 1 antenna per scanner.

ve2fet

Try not using the scanner also works... very usefull comment LOL

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
This is nothing that Uniden can or should fix.
Try using 1 antenna per scanner.

Even if 1 antenna per scanner, no assurance that the victim scanner will be free of interference.
These receivers have to comply with FCC regulations that limit the amount of unintentional RF emissions they produce.
But there are no FCC regulations on interference immunity.
It's most likely the fault of the scanner that is producing the click click click, with inadequate interference rejection.

ve2fet

no amplier, no balun, direct coaxial split, signals I'm looking (monitoring) are strong and close by, no need to by fancy on the potential lost/impedance match while splitting with a T.

also, I have a BDC536HP on the same split and it does show just a little bit of digital bit bit bit on the audio, can leave with it! The other radio where it does click alot (better receiver in terms of sensibility) is a kenwood th-d7. I'm just surprised how much digital interference the scanner is generating while scanning.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I'm sharing an antenna with a few scanners. One of them is a Uniden BCD996XT.

While it is scanning it is inducing a click click click none stop into the other scanners sharing the same antenna. The audio on the other scanner is affected by this. When the BCD996XT is paused on a frequency it does not produce the noise.

Did Uniden fix/corrected this? Any way to prevent it from generating noise to the antenna port/coax going to the other scanners?

Thanks!

Do you REALLY have a Ham license and are asking this ?

JamesO

What is going on here??????????????????/

Describe how the antenna is "split"? Are you using a splitter or a "T" adapter?

Are you combining audio signals??

Is there ANY other connection that power and the antenna?

How are the power feeds connected?

A picture might be a good option as well.

I would guess the set up is sub par as to what should be configured.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
You might want to look at Military Comms Monitoring Running 12 Scanners from 1 Antenna, no Cross Interference Problems he is running 12 scanners from 1 antenna without a scanner induced problems.

He is using active multi couplers. We use them in the FAA 4 or 8 output ports. 0 DBm in 0 DBm out. Cost a lot more that what is shown. The ones the FAA uses has negative feedback to cancel out any intermod or RFI created with in the receivers and multicoupler.

But to use just a "T" connector is just not right. Talk about an impedance mismatch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.