Scanner Hanging Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
Been a long time scanner user and lately I have been noticing on my Uniden 396XT that West Hartford keeps hanging up like there is an open mic. It doesn't happen on my Uniden 435 HP or my Whistler scanner...strange..I tried reprogramming the 396XT from scratch too. Thoughts?

oneadam-12

Been a long time scanner user and lately I have been noticing on my Uniden 396XT that West Hartford keeps hanging up like there is an open mic. It doesn't happen on my Uniden 435 HP or my Whistler scanner...strange..I tried reprogramming the 396XT from scratch too. Thoughts?
I'm having the same issue on my 996xt and wondering if it has to do with there system or something else.

Harryjr

Premium Subscriber
If this is a digital system, set the end bit to yes rather than ignore under system settings.

My scanner is about 8' from the TV and used to often hang up on a specific freq. whenever the TV was on. Don't remember the specifics. Was it the TV? The outdoor antenna cable too close to the Dish cable somewhere down-line in the basement? A lamp that we turned on when we watched TV? Or something completely different? You'll have to ask someone a lot smarter than me.

Try turning off various electronic devices, LED and CFL lights, etc. and see if it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.