scanner hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
My Scanner is constanly hanging its not even worth listening to after almost every trasmission it hangs on the frequency and you hear everything trasmitted on the frequency no matter what talk group. any suggestions? my 250d did it sometimes but my new 396t does it all the time

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Hanging Channels

Chris,

I was having the same problem with my 396T.

After some rereading of the firmware notes, it becomes apparent that this is not a "global" setting.

It has to be done for every single System File you have. If you have your radio set up like I do, you'll have several different System Files which you use to listen to different groups. Every System File needs to be changed. I had changed all but one System File and it constantly hung up.

The next time I see you at the fire house, I can explain it further. The notes that came with the firmware are not all that specific.

Jeff

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Jeff302 said:
this is not a "global" setting. It has to be done for every single System File you have.
DECD does not have to be enabled for all systems programmed. I don't use the feature for Wilmington, Kent Co, PHL, Bucks Co, Montgomery Co, Burlington Co, Salem Co, NJSP Troop A South, Harford Co, or the Upper MD Eastern Shore Consortium. DECD is most useful for systems that have hanging repeaters. No need to use DECD if the system is tracked fine w/o it.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Hanging Frequencies

Dave,

You have a good point. I shouls have been more specific and mean any trunked New Castle System File.

Jeff

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
All better

I found the digital end code option after reading the release notes for the firmware release and turned it on and my scanner no longer hangs. thank you all for your replies

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Yes,
867.7375 is the freq in question.

I believe it is the claymont tower.
I haven't had time to get a 996 / 396 so I am just dealilng with it for now.

Last week 855.7125 was hanging on the NJSP South system. The channel was taken out of the rotation for a couple of days by their divcom and then returned with no problems.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.