Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppatzer25

Premium Subscriber
I need help programming my Uniden BCD396XT scanner. I have uploaded the frequencies for Greenfield, WI police and fire numerous times using Freescan. I cannot get my scanner to perform correctly. When I receive transmissions it sounds like they are underwater or in a large metallic container. I may have an incorrect setting. Any help would be appreciated.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I would post your question in the "Wisconsin" section rather than this one. You'd have more relevant people to help you, just a thought. Not knowing your exact location, do you know how far you are from the transmitting site you are trying to receive? I live south of you across the "Cheddar Curtain" and when I try and receive somewhat distant ISP starcomm towers, it sounds like what you describe, hollow gurgly sounding.. That is a result of being on the fringe of the receiving area. I have a 396T not XT.

teufler

UPMAN gave an idea recently that has worked for me. Using Freescan, click scanner, then open band plan editor and change the frequency ranges from nbfm to fm. Just change the 800 mhz trunking and vhf if you are having trouble there also. Its q quick fix, if it doesn't work for you, you can change it back. Trial and error, plus tweaking the p25 settings helps somewhat but the change from nbfm to fm helped the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.