Scanner Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtfinder

I have searched and found nothing on this, Mods if this is not the right place for this feel free to move it there.

I was walking around Wally World the other day and found car vent holder for the ipod, phone, etc. It has adjustable grips on the side of it that holds a scanner very well. I have went and bought everyone they had ,only $9 each. Here are a few pic of the holder.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii102/dirtfinder/Scanner%20Holder/

af5rn

I've seen those but was not impressed. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why anybody would want to block an AC vent in the middle of the summer. You list your location as "the middle of nowhere". I hope that means Canada. As you can see from my locations, the very last thing I want to do to my vehicle is block the airflow. :lol:

N1BHH

Those cell phone holders of the side grip type are poor for scanners. They will wear out faster than you can install them. Your scanner investment will be broken in short time because the tensioner holding the slide arms wears out quickly. Look around for the PanaVise ClipCaddy #777. It sticks to the dash (after thorough cleaning and drying) and can also be mounted to a bracket which you mount in your car's dashboard or wherever you choose. It comes with double coated foam tape and two screws. You can find them at electronics stores and some cell phone stores. I have two and may get more for more radios.

Swipesy

Absolute overstatement and mis-statement. I have used the same side grip holder for 5 years, 4 years holding my Pro-96 and 1 year holding my PSR500. Never had a failure. A friend of mine has used 3 of them and none have failed.

Those cell phone holders of the side grip type are poor for scanners. They will wear out faster than you can install them. Your scanner investment will be broken in short time because the tensioner holding the slide arms wears out quickly.

JoeyC

Absolute overstatement and mis-statement. I have used the same side grip holder for 5 years, 4 years holding my Pro-96 and 1 year holding my PSR500. Never had a failure. A friend of mine has used 3 of them and none have failed.
Mine broke upon installation and the joint has a 1/4 of play in it making it not very secure.

D

DaveNF2G

I have gone through a few of those myself. Not sturdy enough for a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.