Scanner Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mdk

No way to do that, isn't possible. Once the signal leaves the antenna it's just out there.
Now if you lived in the UK and were talking about a TV set...

wogggieee

unless there is a device implanted in your scanner to send that information back i dont see how it is possible.

jb872033

Squelch pertains only to your radio...it is the cutoff of what you hear on your radio on RX...if it were all the way "open" it would be loud static because the radio is accepting all signals...the more your "close" your squelch the more powerful the RX signal needs to be...if you are trying to listen trying to listen to a distant station open your sqelch up you will hear a lot of static but you might hear the station distorted among that static...RE:hunting...you dont have anything to worry about if you are operations, posessing legally...make sure you are allowed to have them..and if you are in comission of a crime and found in posession of a scanner you can get in real touble

wildwillboo

Born : Westerly RI, Curently Reside @ (Gods Countr
hunters

How can you be sure unless you are in law inforcement. I think its uncanny how they keep track of me when im scannig. I listen to Pierce County Sherrif Washington. When Im mobile I notice they seem to use the county service vehicles to tail me. I know you think im paranoid. Im not I have nothing to hide Just joe citizen wanting to know what crimmanal elements are in my county. And was blown away by the pro 97 scanner. It is so interesting to me. Yet I get the feeling some elements in law don't like it when there being monitered. Makes me wonder what do they have to hide.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Hi wildwillboo ,welcome to RadioReference. :)

Perhaps your actions in front of them draw attention to yourself. Are you weaving on the road if you are adjusting the scanner while mobile? This would give the impression that you may be impaired and they need to investigate further.

If you are parked , use headphones and don't hang around in one place too long otherwise it looks like you are "casing" a location.

Why not lay low for a while and monitor indoors ?

Good to hear you are enjoying the radio.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
These vehicles that follow you, do they turn around on opposite sides of the road to tail you? Do they park in front of your house or a little bit up the street and when you start going, they follow? What i'm trying to get at, do you possibly think it's a coincidence that they're behind you? Are you listening to your scanner, and going to the location of a call, where of course their will be cops and emergency vehicles?

Also, do you have any obscenely obvious details on your vehicle possibly alerting the cops you're listening to them? Like a huge antenna, or you pull up next to them, flash your scanner and say what a good job they did as you were listening?

Really, if they're not bothering you, why worry?

.. or, maybe they know something you don't

wildwillboo

Born : Westerly RI, Curently Reside @ (Gods Countr
hunters

good point, So do you think if I went to the citizens acadamy and asked questions about the scanners it would help with what law enforcement is looking for. And what is expected of the county citizens. And maybe a mobile antenna on the car so to show that I have a scanner. Thanks for your feedback. Its like spy vs spy it was kind of comical. But I know how serious there dutys are. As a child my good friends father was a great cop. Detictive sargent. Local Town Police force. Anyways the County is changing here and I just wanted to keep a eye on those who protect and serve. Sounds corney but oh well.

hoser147

Dont worry be Happy, the law has much better things to do than follow you around for having a scanner. Unless you are actually doing something to make them watch you, you are fine. Good Scannin Hoser

mancow

Database Admin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

wildwillboo said:
How can you be sure unless you are in law inforcement. I think its uncanny how they keep track of me when im scannig. I listen to Pierce County Sherrif Washington. When Im mobile I notice they seem to use the county service vehicles to tail me. I know you think im paranoid. Im not I have nothing to hide Just joe citizen wanting to know what crimmanal elements are in my county. And was blown away by the pro 97 scanner. It is so interesting to me. Yet I get the feeling some elements in law don't like it when there being monitered. Makes me wonder what do they have to hide.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
in addition to radar detector detectors, they now have scanner scanners.

Now, I dont want to blow your mind or anything, but your statement begs the question. Wouldn't you hear the comms regarding the police noticing your activity as you noticed thier activity via the scanner?

Last edited:

BoxAlarm187

Wildwill, I have no idea if you're being serious or not. In the case you are, there IS NO WAY that the police can tell if they're being monitored or not. The laws of physics don't allow it.

Yea, you really do appear to have a conspiracy theory thing going on.

Please continue to entertain us...

Status
Not open for further replies.