Scanner in a vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a question I would like to know when I pass through Michigan probably sometime next month on my way to Florida.

I read on here last year (2011) sometime and I can't remember when it was, but someone asked or said that we are now allowed to use a scanner in the vehicle while we are travelling in Michigan.

So I am just wondering if this is true, that we can now use and have the scanner to listen to in the vehicle while we are travelling.

Let me know, so I can continue on listening to it with no problems when we cross the border in the Sault when we pass through Michigan on our way to Florida.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
The answer you wanted.

Scanners are perfectly legal in Michigan. No permit needed. Enjoy.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

MI came to their senses, about this topic, and repealed the ban. (Which didn't apply to hams.)

Enjoy passing through.

freqs

Also if you go to the Michigan State Police Website under new Traffic laws its state's it there as well .

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks everyone for that info.

Now I can listen to my scanner while I am passing through Michigan when we go without worrying about anything.

Thanks again.

k8tmk

The more this message gets out, the more likely police agencies will be to switch to 100% encoding. Just what we don't need!

Randy

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The more this message gets out, the more likely police agencies will be to switch to 100% encoding. Just what we don't need!

I've not seen any research to correlate this... Actually the inverse is true. In Michigan, more police agencies encrypted BEFORE the law was relaxed. What do you have that shows otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.