scanner laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnsrefer

Scanner Law

Plain language;

It is perfectly legal to operate a scanner ANYWHERE (including a vehicle) as long as you have NOT been convicted of a crime or are engaged in the act of committing a crime.

Should be huge for scanner use in this Great State.
Between this law and the release of the BC396T I picked the perfect time and place to start the hobby.

Regards;

Mike

MetalManMI

mnsrefer said:
Forget the others.
This is the one.

That's another alternative, sure. But "forget the others"???

As a LEO, I don't recognize unsigned legislative bills that may have been vetoed by the Governor. I recognize actual excerpts/cites of Michigan Compiled Laws, penal code, etc., with the actual revision dates/effective dates/act references/etc. contained therein.

But hey, you seem pretty sure of yourself, so go ahead and carry around an unsigned piece of proposed legislature and shove it into a cops face proving how much more knowledgeable about the law you are...that's sure to impress...

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
MetalManMI said:
That's another alternative, sure. But "forget the others"???

As a LEO, I don't recognize unsigned legislative bills that may have been vetoed by the Governor. I recognize actual excerpts/cites of Michigan Compiled Laws, penal code, etc., with the actual revision dates/effective dates/act references/etc. contained therein.

But hey, you seem pretty sure of yourself, so go ahead and carry around an unsigned piece of proposed legislature and shove it into a cops face proving how much more knowledgeable about the law you are...that's sure to impress...

Can you find me one online that is signed? If not take your "high cop attitude" and go cash it into the bank, because you can be that on the side of the road and I will tear you up legally. I hate cops that know the law but still wanna argue with a citizen. Just because you are a cop does not make you any higher or mighter than the average citizen. Give it a rest, you know that in michgan there is NO LAW AGAINST HAVING A SCANNER IN A VEHICLE even IF it is scanning POLICE FREQUENCIES. So by you saying that you dont recognize "unsigned legislative bills" is taking the law into your own hands, and I pitty the person that you stop and you give a hard time to. If you know that it legal and you give someone a hard time, then you need a refresher course in law and what is and is not law.

MetalManMI

SEMTTP said:
Can you find me one online that is signed? If not take your "high cop attitude" and go cash it into the bank, because you can be that on the side of the road and I will tear you up legally. I hate cops that know the law but still wanna argue with a citizen. Just because you are a cop does not make you any higher or mighter than the average citizen. Give it a rest, you know that in michgan there is NO LAW AGAINST HAVING A SCANNER IN A VEHICLE even IF it is scanning POLICE FREQUENCIES. So by you saying that you dont recognize "unsigned legislative bills" is taking the law into your own hands, and I pitty the person that you stop and you give a hard time to. If you know that it legal and you give someone a hard time, then you need a refresher course in law and what is and is not law.

Eric....you've really gotta sharpen up, bud.
Go back and re-read the thread....very slowly...up to where I posted a link to an actual excerpt of the LAW....not an unsigned bill. My response was in reaction to mnsrefer discrediting my contribution and implying that his was somehow superior...and end-all solution. I posted the link to help...and I get lambasted by you??? Whatever little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.