Scanner Lingo Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

born_again_scanner

Premium Subscriber
I just heard my local PD send two units to check out a suspicious car in a neighborhood where the occupants may be involved in possible "BPHC Activity". I am sure that this is what the dispatcher said because he had to repeat it twice.

I listen to this department pretty regularly and they usually use 200 codes for incidents, such as a 205 for a car accident or a 202 to return to the station. But I have never hear of a call to check out BPHC activity??????

p.s. I have checked a few websites that give police codes and such but I have not had any luck

Thanks to anyone who can help

Tom

p.s. I have checked a few websites that give police codes and such but I have not had any luck

lugoffman

AZScanner said:
Hmmm... suspicious car, in a neighborhood, occupants observed inside doing...something?

Just guessing but based on the details given, I'd say BPHC activity is probably "Burglary/Prowling/House Casing" activity.

What did I win? :D
-AZ
Lol !!!!!!! only you !!!!! ( bipolar hyper condreact lol!!!!!!

Ch1ronTL34

lugoffman said:
Lol !!!!!!! only you !!!!! ( bipolar hyper condreact lol!!!!!!

Just in case it comes up on Jeopardy, a hypochondriac is someone who suffers from hypochondriasis

SAR923

Not doubting AZScanner, but what state are you in, born_again? Someone in your state forum may have the correct answer, assuming you really heard the correct acronym. I'm guessing it was drug related. In California, a call like that was commonly dispatched as "H&S activity", H&S being short for the Health and Safety code, which covered drug offenses.

af5rn

Geeze, Born Again... did you just fall off the turnip truck?

Everybody in Massachusetts knows it stands for Boston Public Health Commission. Even Jim in Alabama figured that out.

[NOTE: Yes, I realise you probably aren't in Massachusetts. That irony is my point. By FAILING to tell us where you are, it was a little unreasonable for you to expect us to really help you out. Perhaps you can help us to better help you by letting us know where you are. See, this isn't so much a scanner lingo question as it is a local lingo question. And unless we know where "local" is, we are as in the dark about it as you are.]

Last edited:

raisindot

af5rn said:
Geeze, Born Again... did you just fall off the turnip truck?

Everybody in Massachusetts knows it stands for Boston Public Health Commission. Even Jim in Alabama figured that out.

I'm from Massachusetts, and you're way off base here. BPHC stands for "Bring Promptly some Honeydew Crullers."

Susie

Status
Not open for further replies.