scanner listeners around the houma area notice a problem with the lwin system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjosh70363

lately ive noticed for a few days now that terrebonne SO and houma police only been police units and not the dispatcher anybody know whats up with that or experincing the same thing??????

shew

yep

monitoring terrebonne and houma police.....seems like s.o. is back in the clear....however....h.p.d....the dispatcher is encrypted and the units are in the clear.......now i can handle that kind of encryption

gfanguy

Yes , i called and the reason they went to the ADP encryption is the media were getting to the crime scene before they were. All TPSO and HPD talk groups are now encrypted. they do have a dispatch 3 talk group that is not encrypted for the Fire Departments ineropability.

shew

thanks for the bad news guy.....they say the media can be our worst enemy.....they can dig up stuff about u....and get inside scoop before the police do...

TFC301

The S.O. and P.D. channels that were programmed in our XTS2500's aren't even getting a tower signal.
We have 8 S.O. channels and 6 P.D. channels.

The only radio that catches P.D. and S.O. Dispatch without doing anything "special" is our chief.

We also have a Bailiff channel and a Jail channel. Both are direct channels (portable to portable). Does anyone know who or what the Bailiff channel is?
Does anyone know if the Jail is encrypted?? I never heard anything on these channels.

I Heard talk that some fire depts are looking into encryption.
I don't think it'll happen though, I never heard anything about it again.
That just dosen't make sense anyway.

shew

@ TFC301.....when the jail talkgroup pops up it is encrypted.....i was monitoring yesterday when i was in ashland north picking up my daughter......so we won't hear when they have a prison break....lol

TFC301

@ shew... lol darn it! Thanks for the info. I wonder why they even put those channels in our radios.? Just to tease us?!

I have a question about you scanner....Do you hear the page outs on the digital scanners? And, have you heard any page outs or anything voice traffic on the 3 fire dept dispatch and the 3 talk channels?

I'm now looking into getting a digital scanner.

shew

yes u hear the page outs on the digital side..and on the old low band also....u can only hear the dispatcher on the low band..........as for the digital side u can hear both sides of the conversation....all the departments are on the digital side except maybe gibson and schriever

TFC301

Awsome. I know the 700 radios can get the page outs, that's how we know it's our dept. Our station radio is on the page out channel. Montegut and schriever's tone sound just like our tone. District 8 has one (for sure) 700 radio. It's one of the chief's. I heard him acknowledge pager test on it once.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.