Scanner Master Hard Leather Case Scratches SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrshamblinjr

Hi folks. I just wanted to warn you folks who are thinking about buying Scanner Master's hard leather case about a small problem I found. I received the case yesterday along with a new SDS100. I love the case and it fits the scanner perfectly. But whoever made it failed to cover some exposed brads down near the bottom of the case. The brad on the left side left a scratch on the back of the battery cover, as you can see from the photo.

It's nothing major and you can fix it by simply placing a piece of cardboard or something in between the scanner and the back of the case. I just thought I would warn you folks to watch out for it when you use that case.

Attachments

• 20211113_090551.jpg
    20211113_090551.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211113_090657.jpg
    20211113_090657.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 102

MStep

Hi folks. I just wanted to warn you folks who are thinking about buying Scanner Master's hard leather case about a small problem I found. I received the case yesterday along with a new SDS100. I love the case and it fits the scanner perfectly. But whoever made it failed to cover some exposed brads down near the bottom of the case. The brad on the left side left a scratch on the back of the battery cover, as you can see from the photo.

It's nothing major and you can fix it by simply placing a piece of cardboard or something in between the scanner and the back of the case. I just thought I would warn you folks to watch out for it when you use that case.

Unless there was some manufacturing abnormality in the particular case that you received, I would not expect something like that to happen in 21st century. One buys a case to protect the radio from dings and scratches, not to cause them. I hope you brought this to the attention of Scanner Master.

Reactions: KL

wrshamblinjr

Unless there was some manufacturing abnormality in the particular case that you received, I would not expect something like that to happen in 21st century. One buys a case to protect the radio from dings and scratches, not to cause them. I hope you brought this to the attention of Scanner Master.

I notified them via the comment page on their website. This is how I fixed mine. Other than that, the case is great.

Attachments

• 20211113_121115.jpg
    20211113_121115.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.