Scanner Master New York Metro Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanik20

Hello everyone. Kind of a random question, but does anyone know if Scanner Master will be coming out with a new(updated) New York guide? I'm thinking about picking up the 7th edition, but saw that it was published in '03 and most of the info in it is probably outdated. I need a guide with the newest info if possible. Thanks.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
There is a lot of great information in the Guide, and I still refer to it almost daily. With the internet and the available information online, a new print guide would most likely be outdated before it goes to print.

I would suggest making the purchase, but use it to supplement the Radio Reference DB.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Not going to happen IMHO. The RR database is the go-to reference, also accessible through its mobile site. Take a look. The FCC also is a useful reference. HTH.

alanik20

Thanks for the advice. I'm not looking to get the book for frequencies. They're more than likely outdated by now. I use the RR DB for frequencies. I'm looking for info like ways in which units are ID'ed and things of that nature.

warren

There are no immediate plans for a new edition of the Scanner Master Guide. It is possible that a new edition will come out if there is sufficent interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.