Scanner Master power supply doesn't stay plugged in

jaymatt1978

Ok I have been using the Scanner Master four scanner power supply and it works great EXCEPT the power plug ALWAYS falls out of the power strip causing an unexpected loss of power which I heard isn't good for the SDS200. If you look closely there's a lip between the plug which caused the two prongs that go into the outlet the be very loose. I don't really know the ins and out of circuitry but I consider this a MAJOR design flaw, especially since turning the SDS200 on and off rapidly can damage the memory . I wish Scanner Mater used the same plug as Uniden, the one that goes horizontal inside of vertical. Anyone else has this problem???

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I ran across that recently with a brand new power supply that came with a device. It seems these cheap power supplies out of CHINA have very thing prongs on the plug! I put a slight bend in them to make better contact and it seems fine now.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I ran across that recently with a brand new power supply that came with a device. It seems these cheap power supplies out of CHINA have very thing prongs on the plug! I put a slight bend in them to make better contact and it seems fine now.
Oops, meant to say "thin" prongs. :oops:

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I just looked at it, and it's a $25 wall wart. You might find it works better on a short 3' extension cord or a different power strip. Just by the picture alone, that thing looks sketchy.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Some of that stuff is made poorly. I had a pack for something that had a weird voltage and one of the prongs broke off. I opened it up and removed both prongs. Bought a short power cord and determined hot and neutral and soldered it in. Sealed around and opening from the prongs. Worked good and would work in 2 gang outlets where many wall warts block at least one outlet..

The plug on the SDS200 does not feel like it goes in far at all on the tamper-proof outlets like the one below.

I am going to throw that one out and make it a 2 gang box and add this for my usb needs.