Scanner Meeting, June 6, 2010 12-4pm

Give Luke an idea of how much pizza to make.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It's time to meet up and talk scanners!

Address: 15352 E Ida Dr Unit H, Aurora, CO, 80015
Date: June 6th (Sunday)
Time: 12pm-4pm

Just a friendly reminder, pizza and drinks are served during the event. Luke only asks $5.00 per person for all you care to eat and drink. If pizza isn’t your thing, or your craving bread sticks with pasta, his restaurant does have a full menu to order from, just ask.

For those of you who have not attended our meets in the past, this is a wonderful event where members of Radioreference.com and other radio enthusiast can get together and meet each other, and talk about scanners and whatever else comes up. Scanists with new radios are welcome to ask as many questions as they can. We all learn from each other and this face time with each other is invaluable.

For those who have attended prior meetings, give us some feedback here! If you have an idea, share it with us! We want to make these meetings fun and informative at the same time.

Here is some advice /feedback from prior meetings. Start writing down your questions and bring them, along with a pad of paper and pen to write down the answers. The most common heard statement is, “gee, I have so many questions, but I can’t remember them right now.” Also, if you can, bring your laptop that you program your scanner with. Many questions deal with how to program scanners using software. I can’t express how much easier it is to help someone by walking them through their software while showing them what to do vs. just telling them. Of course, many of us bring our computers to help program scanners, along with showing off how Pro96Com works.

utlchris

""For those who have attended prior meetings, give us some feedback here! If you have an idea, share it with us! We want to make these meetings fun and informative at the same time.""

Maybe to group the tables together so you are sitting with more than 3 people and can discuss things more as a group. I know I need to get up and move around a little bit but in the past in appears everyone is off to a little group. Maybe getting 2-3 tables lined up would be better?

luke-1

Maybe to group the tables together so you are sitting with more than 3 people and can discuss things more as a group. I know I need to get up and move around a little bit but in the past in appears everyone is off to a little group. Maybe getting 2-3 tables lined up would be better?

We can put them all together if needed :)

nathancarlson

When we have the meeting, if people have information handy as far as which TGs are associated with which CCs on DTRS, that would be helpful. Last time, Curt provided me with a very useful spreadsheet. I have also gotten what I requested in the forum, a list in frequency order allowing me to quickly look up the sites. Maybe we can share info from the CCs we get in our areas with confirmed affiliations (I have been using Pro96Com with limited knowledge of the software, and with the sites I can get from my home).

I have come a long way with all the help online, and with the county names being listed next to the site names in the DB making for easy imports of counties, but overlaoding me with CCs. Eventually, I will have it fine tuned.

Thanks!

Nathan
Aka CC hoarder

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
Meeting

I sure hope to be there need to get 700 programed so I can hear Thorton, NGA and No. Metro. Also would be nice to see you all. Jim are you coming ?

jfab

Actually, I was wondering if I need to get a babysitter for my little ones.
Luke could probably tell you whether he thinks its a good idea or not, but the meeting does take place in a family restaurant after all. All the people are friendly and the atmosphere is clean and quiet! How old are they, just out of curiosity?

luke-1

Luke could probably tell you whether he thinks its a good idea or not, but the meeting does take place in a family restaurant after all. All the people are friendly and the atmosphere is clean and quiet! How old are they, just out of curiosity?

There is a small game room for the kids in the same room we will be set up in.
The restaurant is definitely geared towards families with kids, so bring them along:)

04Z1V6

Thanks Luke.. I will be setting up my pro96com a little deferent then I have before. Good to see many faces and to be able to names with them.

Scan-Denver

As always Luke, you're an awesome host! Thanks for providing us a great place to come and talk radio and eat awesome pizza!!

Bravo Zulu!!!

luke-1

Thanks Luke.. I will be setting up my pro96com a little deferent then I have before. Good to see many faces and to be able to names with them.

Glad I could be of some help to you. Scanrecord will be fun for you.

Thank you to all that came yesterday. I hope everyone had enough to eat.

I didn't get a chance to talk very much to Nathan, I know you wanted to talk about Pro96Com, I'm sorry about that. E-mail me if you have any more questions, and of course we will be doing this again soon :)

jmar254

It seems that it's been awhile since I last visited.

Welcome, jmar254.
You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 06:00 PM

I am so bummed I missed this, my preplanned plans went a lot longer than I expected, any clue when the next one might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.