ProScan: Scanner monitor and control on Android device

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Just curious to hear from folks who have figured out a solution to monitoring and controlling your scanner with Proscan at the scanner, remotely via an Android device (mobile phone, etc) that can't install/run Proscan.

I've checked the ProScan FAQ and it's clear that Bob A is not going to create a mobile app client:
Q: Can you do a version for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Raspberry Pi, Linux, etc.?
A: No. It would take several years to do each and I would rather spend the time on ProScan & RadioFeed.

What solutions have you come up with?

I'm currently running a TeamViewer session on my laptop and phone that allows me to remote-control the laptop and hence the ProScan session it's running from the phone. It's a little klunky but it is working, complete with audio. Any other ideas out there?

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
You have a browser on your Android phone, don't you? The ProScan webserver allows remote monitoring and some level of control. @ProScan doesn't make an IOS app either.
Thanks, jt. Frankly, I haven't yet explored the web server option within ProScan. I thought it was just for 'publishing' to Broadcastify &etc., but I guess I could host my own "internal" site, right? Do you have any links to a good "how to" for setting up the web site?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thought it was just for 'publishing' to Broadcastify &etc., but I guess I could host my own "internal" site, right?
The Source Client feature is for streaming to Broadcastify. The Web Server feature is for hosting your own site.

THIS GUIDE for setting up the Web Server and accessing it from my mobile device's browser:
The guilds are written for the BCD536HP so if using the SDS200 LAN, the ProScan setup is exactly the same. The BCD536HP and SDS200 IP setup is different.

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
The Source Client feature is for streaming to Broadcastify. The Web Server feature is for hosting your own site.

The guilds are written for the BCD536HP so if using the SDS200 LAN, the ProScan setup is exactly the same. The BCD536HP and SDS200 IP setup is different.
Nonetheless, they were close enough to get me the "gist" of things and I've got it up and running for both internal and port-forwarded external access!