Scanner near me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

I live in the ZIP Code 37129 and VERY near 37167. I am wondering if there are any other scanner "people" who live within the ZIP Codes of 37086, 37129, 37130 or 37167?

Charles
Smyrna, TN

cpsTN

Are you actually in Williamson Co. or farther east, into Rutherford Co.? By the way, how do you create a signature?

Charles
Smyrna, TN

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I live in Nashville (37211) but am in Smyrna quite a bit. Can't wait to get down there and check out their new airwaves.

rasputen246

I am in 37128 , south side of the Boro.

BTW thanks for the Smryna freqs post & updates.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Are you actually in Williamson Co. or farther east, into Rutherford Co.? By the way, how do you create a signature?

Charles
Smyrna, TN

You mean avatar? Its in the user control panel under the tab edit avatar. I am in eastern Williamson county.

cpsTN

I know some people who have Nolensville addresses but they are really in Rutherford Co, but that ZIP code doesn't extend too far into Rutherford.

By signature, I mean the words separated by a line that appear below your post everytime you post something, that usually show other people what equipment you have, etc.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

cpsTN

You are welcome for the freqs. Sorry, I forget about the area in which you live. I would like to get hold of someone else who has Smyrna's Trunked freqs so I can compare mine to see if I have mine set up correctly. Of the 5 freqs, I am receiving on only 2 of them: 851.40000 and 852.03750. On these 2 freqs, I am hearing Police, Fire, EMS, and aparently one of the utility depts. 852.03750 is much more active.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

cpsTN

You mean avatar? Its in the user control panel under the tab edit avatar. I am in eastern Williamson county.

I live in Nashville (37211) but am in Smyrna quite a bit. Can't wait to get down there and check out their new airwaves.

I know some people who have Nolensville addresses but they are really in Rutherford Co, but that ZIP code doesn't extend too far into Rutherford.

By signature, I mean the words separated by a line that appear below your post everytime you post something, that usually show other people what equipment you have, etc.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

cpsTN

Funny. I am the opposite. I live just outside Smyrna (with Murfreesboro address 37129) and get up to the 37211 code a lot. My mother-in-law lives on Eastridge just a block off of Haywook Lane.

Charles
Smyrna, TN

N8IAA

Under User CP, click on edit Signature. Then you can enter what info you want:) Under edit Avatar, you can download a pic to be added next to your user name.
Larry

jimg

Premium Subscriber
You are welcome for the freqs. Sorry, I forget about the area in which you live. I would like to get hold of someone else who has Smyrna's Trunked freqs so I can compare mine to see if I have mine set up correctly. Of the 5 freqs, I am receiving on only 2 of them: 851.40000 and 852.03750. On these 2 freqs, I am hearing Police, Fire, EMS, and aparently one of the utility depts. 852.03750 is much more active.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

I have a GRE 500 and a Uniden 396XT, and I put in all the 10 frequencies shown in the database, and both scanners are receiving the system just fine. However, I did have to enter the trunking tables data. If you have a programming cable, and know how, you might want to download the Smyrna system from the RadioReference database into your scanner. That would probably populate the trunking tables for you automatically, but, if you can't do that, you might be able to enter these manually.

cpsTN

I have a GRE 500 and a Uniden 396XT, and I put in all the 10 frequencies shown in the database, and both scanners are receiving the system just fine. However, I did have to enter the trunking tables data. If you have a programming cable, and know how, you might want to download the Smyrna system from the RadioReference database into your scanner. That would probably populate the trunking tables for you automatically, but, if you can't do that, you might be able to enter these manually.

I am still trying to find my way around the RR site. Can you tell how to get there or post a link? Thank You.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Charles,
Are you using Win 500? If so open File, Import Web then conv or trunked and it will open a page for you to place your RR login info then has drop down menus to get to the right database where you click and choose. The only complaint I have is that the tags are sometime just short of useless but it sure saves time entering data.

Highpockets

Charles,
Are you using Win 500? If so open File, Import Web then conv or trunked and it will open a page for you to place your RR login info then has drop down menus to get to the right database where you click and choose. The only complaint I have is that the tags are sometime just short of useless but it sure saves time entering data.

Wouldn't he have to be a Premium Subscriber to use that function.

N8IAA

Charles,

Charles has a Pro-164. He is using Win97. And, no he is not a premium subscriber. I sent him a file I uploaded from RR (the Smyrna system). He does not have the cable yet. He is supposed to meet with someone in his area who is going to help him. He has no problem with the conventional frequencies, just the trunking system for Smyrna.
Larry

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Charles,
If you don;t link up let me know and I can run over sometime this weekend with my laptop and cable.
Doc

cpsTN

Charles,
If you don;t link up let me know and I can run over sometime this weekend with my laptop and cable.
Doc

That would probably be the best bet, if you don't mind doing it. I have not heard anything definate from anyone else. If you want, we can meet somewhere halfway or so. I am PMing you some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.