Scanner needs more cowbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ROV

We got these promotional cowbells into the TV station for the sports department. The idea is to give them out at games for the crowd to make noise. It took me about a minute to decide it would make a pretty good stand for a handheld. Just flip it over and slip the edge under the belt clip. It holds it at a good angle to view the screen when sitting on a desk.

I actually grabbed another one to take home. I also "de-belled" it by removing the clapper.

Attachments

• cowbell1.JPG
    cowbell1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • cowbell2.jpg
    cowbell2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,140
  • cowbell3.jpg
    cowbell3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,109

radio3353

What keeps the bell from sliding around on the tabletop when pushing buttons (or the scanner from sliding off the bell?) Thanks.

K4ROV

The belt clip slides right into the inside of the bell. I can pick the whole thing up without the bell falling off the back of the radio. There's nothing keeping it from sliding on a desk, but I haven't noticed a problem with that. I think the angle at which it supports the radio is shallow enough that the pressure doesn't move it around on the desk. I suppose you could put some rubber feet onto the tabletop facing side of the bell if that was a problem.

I'm not sure where they bought these cowbells, but I would bet it was the lowest bidder. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.